95 Convertible Top - Plastic Window: Can it be replaced with a glass one?

djrobnyc

A 95 that I'm looking to buy has a new top, but for some reason the previous owner put in a top with a plastic window, not a glass one. If I wanted to replace the plastic one with a glass one, can this be done? Would I have to install a whole new top? And if so, can you get a glass window for this car?

Yes you can just get the window. I think they run about $200. Not very difficult to install either.

X2 They originally come with a glass rear window (curtain). You can also get the rear glass plain or with the defog glass.

you shouldn't cut out the plastic window. It is an entire "curtain" that is replaced, window and material. It is separate from the rest of the top as well so just that piece can be replaced

sorry for my ignorance.... so if there is currently a top on the car now, with a plastic window, what exactly do i need to do to replace it with a glass window? do i have to replace the entire top? or do i just need to replace a certain part of the top? if a certain part, what is the part and where can i get it? thank you.