CD Cartridge Removal

tdvs

Hope it's ok to put this here, since audio doesn't seem to get as much traffic. Finally came across a Delco 12 disc CD player with the cartridge still in it at the j/y yesterday. Problem is, someone else had tryed to get it out and pulled the side of the cartridge facing out off. Since the side was laying in the trunk, I tryed to get the rest out, figuring I could just glue it back together. I destroyed the rest of the cartridge trying :redface: Is there any way to get the cartridge out of the CD player intact when there is no power?

I doubt it that whole mechanism is electronic. Now saying that...anything is possible. If you don't care about the actual changer/sounds like it's fucked anyways...I'd just cut the thing apart with whatever tools deemed required.

That's kinda what I figured. Altho, in a post I just read today about moving a power seat in the j/y, using a power tool battery was suggested. I assume, if that could be done with the CD changer, it should eject the cartridge. :idea: I also wonder if all those CD changers I come across are really no good?????

believe it or not the changers are pretty indestructable. And there is no way to get the cartridge out without powering the unit.For all you know there could be a cd still inside the actual player

I know with aftermarket units like Pioneers you can take the unit apart and there is and manually eject the cartridge. Not sure if that true on a Delco unit though.

I know with aftermarket units like Pioneers you can take the unit apart and there is and manually eject the cartridge. Not sure if that true on a Delco unit though.

I had a Delco 6 disc and a Delco 12 dics...Both WERE rebadged Pioneers.

I had a Delco 6 disc and a Delco 12 dics...Both WERE rebadged Pioneers.

interesting. Good to know. I believe mercades and jaguar also are the same