new exhaust today! :)

douellette

finally gettin a new exhaust put on my car today. its gonna be header back, with a new "high flow" cat from flowmonster, 2 1/4" piping, glasspack for a resonator, and flowmaster 40 muffler. hopefully it'll sound good without being too loud. ill post pics/video when i get a chance.

header? you mean manifold?

3100 should sound good, possibly a little loud with that set up though

yeah manifold back, but i thought the universal term was either cat back or header back?

i thought the glasspack would quiet it down? and im basically routing it the same way as the factory.

the resonator will remove some rasp, not really quiet it any though...

the flowmaster will give it a nice (almost LS1-like) tone in most situations...

overall, it sounds like you're doing it right, and it should be enjoyable to say the least...

okay exhaust is done. will get a video clip up when i can. its louder than i expected it to be though haha and it feels like it has no low end now. and as soon as i got it home, i noticed i have a (new) coolant leak :( i cant really see but it looks like its either the driver side rear head or intake gasket. i dont know which one.

the factory DP is 1.5"....:facepalm:

If anything, I should have lost low end w/ my bigger front manifold and X-over along w/ my 2.5" DP and no cat....but I don't notice it at all.

It still pulls great up hills and off the line. If anything...it 'may' have bumped my power curve up a few hundred RPM....but it makes up for it up top....it screams.

I think the low end you think you lost is all in your head

you could have just gotten a 2 1/4" ss system from a junkyard and put it in your car. just weld in a new cat and resonator.

just curious, how much was it to get a shop to do that?

you could have just gotten a 2 1/4" ss system from a junkyard and put it in your car. just weld in a new cat and resonator.

just curious, how much was it to get a shop to do that?

$150 all welded and everything. i bought the parts separatly online before hand.

it wouldn't quiet it down much, if at all...

not to mention the drone you'll have on the highway(most turbo mufflers anyway)

i believe the flowmaster Delta 40s give the same tone but are quieter... look into it if necessary

i have the original 40 series on there, and i just ordered the delta 40 so ill be swapping that on there.

here is the videos i promised, not the best but if you dont like it i can try and take some better ones haha.

and

let me know what you think.

maybe i'm deaf or your camera doesn't capture a lot of sound, but it isn't that loud in either video... it is ALWAYS different in real life, but 3x00 + FM 40 of any kind sounds great. tips CAN change the sound quite a bit so keep it in mind.

i like my glasspack and turndown, but your vehicle should reflect your tastes, not mine...

thanks guys. yeah im planning on putting a tip. the guy at the garage said if i put a smaller tip it'll sound kinda like a lumina, and if i put a big tip it'll sound deeper

i'd be careful getting too large or else you'll move into fart-cannon territory...

I keep telling myself I dont need to buy my Flowmasters yet since the weather just turned around here and Im going to be putting the CS away for the winter, but dayum that does sound good even with my crappy notebook speakers.

hahah, yeah. fart-can= bad. what size/style would you recommend?

i like my chrome turndown... same size ID as the OD of the glasspack... so i basically slipped it over the end, quick hit with a welder and its done...

if you end up getting a tip that ends rearward(like most of the factory W tips), just try to make sure the inlet and outlet aren't too different or else you'll get exhuast that slows down RIGHT as it exits(if its larger, anyway)... not a good situation.