Kristina's Car

xtremerevolution

So my fiance wants to get her own car pretty bad. Her requirements are inexpensive, reliable, great handling in corners, great handling in snow, pretty, sunroof, around 25mpg highway, remote start, and lots and lots of torque; more than my regal. Also, it has to be white.

So here's what I was thinking.

94-96 cutlass supreme coupe in white, lip tails, 17" 5 spokes similar to mine, front lowered springs, rear coil-overs, high mileage 3.1. I can add the lip tails and swap the L67 to give her the reliable torque she wants, to be modded later We'd get it from a southern state so it would be rust free.

The question is, did cutlass supreme coupes come with sunroofs?

Thoughts and comments?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• slick

• jake91

• jeremy

they should, but they'rw 18". I'd like to stick with 17's. The bonne has bigger wheel wells. If I got a second set for a 1st gen w-body, they would need thinner tires as well.

Are there really no cutlass supremes with sunroofs?

If it were me, I would do a few things different:

#1: Don't lower it. While it may handle better, larger sway bars and front and rear STB's with some decent struts should be more than enough. That, and she will have to drive it everyday. Unless she's really into cars, she'll probably forget that it's lowered, and start curb rashing it and scraping the bottom.

#2: Not sure what your feelings are on the 3.4, but it's talked down more than it should be. The only 2 big things to worry about are the timing belt, and the alternator. If your competant enough, which you are, the alternator is not that bad of a job. And, she'll start with a good amount of power, and pretty decent gas mileage from the get go. I truly doubt she cares about doing massive burnouts and modifying her car with a supercharged v6.

#3: With a good set of tires, 16's are more than enough. Unless you get some soft tires with a soft sidewall on the 17's, she may dislike the ride quality with them.

Another thing to think about- How long does she plan on keeping this car? Will this be in the same time-frame that you two are planning on having kids?

While you may say that you already have a 4 door, do you really want, and expect her to drive that GXP through the winter, on the snow and ice?

What I'm trying to get at is maybe you should consider a CS Sedan. Myself, I'd gladly drive one, anyday of the week.

I had her read it and here are her comments:

the bigger rims look better and stock sized wheels look kinda dumb (16" 5-spokes)

She doesn't care for burnouts but she wants it to be fast. Like my bonneville kind of fast.

She doesn't like a harsh ride too much, but she'd get used to it if it made the car look and handle better. She doesn't mind riding in the regal, and she's pretty careful with the bonneville. Hell. she drives that more than I do.

She wants a car that looks cute and sporty, but makes people go "wtf" when they see a cute face pass by them with a supercharger whine. "oopsies, you got burned." That's exactly the kind of thing she would say.

It doesn't necessarily has to be a w-body, but it would be a plus since I know my way around them and they're inexpensive to maintain.

Any further thoughts.

She doesn't quite like how the cs sedans look.

She'd drive this until we have kids, which is at least 3 years after we get married. At that point, she wants a white SUV, like a trailblazer.

I'm posting a bit off since my phone doesn't tell me if people replied while I was posting.

btw, she "needs" a sunroof. She keeps it open year round. If its winter, she blasts the heat. That's like a number 1 thing. She prefers the cs because her uncle has a cs vert and she likes it a lot.

She could buy her uncle's white cutty vert, but then she can't have a sunroof open in the winter, which apparently she loves doing.

She does't like how monte carlos look. She thinks they're quite unattractive.

She could buy her uncle's white cutty vert, but then she can't have a sunroof open in the winter, which apparently she loves doing.

She does't like how monte carlos look. She thinks they're quite unattractive.

shes a wuss if she cant have the top down in the winter LOL

she laughed out loud when she read that, haha.

just to make sure though, she will be driving this in chicago.

her budget is around $4500-$5000 down, no car payment.

At that budget, she can easily get into a 2nd gen. That would eliminate the hassle of doing a swap.

What about a Riviera? 2 door, not that common, L67 equipped, would look good with a nice lip kit and wheels.

imo rivieras are nice but fugly, grand prix's are too common, and her sister and I have a regal.

I showed her a picture and she said it looks like a taurus, and that they're ooogly.