94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

When I made my adapter. I pulled/cut the ub3 pig tail from a 89 International. Then I removed a 94 CS cluster cluster pulled that pig tail. At the yard I opened up the 94 cluster and removed the black male end connector in the cluster.

I followed the wire diagram on this site to put the ub3 pig tail into the correct slots of the male end connector. That connector plugs into my car and the other end plugs into the Ub3.

Yeah you were supposed to go back and get 2. One for me (for Robert), and one for rich e777 lol

That's why I said I'd pay you for your trouble.

I believe there are a few on Ebay for about $100, this one looks like a UB3 vs the other base digi cluster to me compared with the other listing for a new illuminated one for $220.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-88-91-OLDSMOBILE-CUTLASS-SUPREME-DIGITAL-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-SPEEDOMETER-/191353249835?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AOldsmobile%7CModel%3ACutlass+Supreme%7CSubmodel%3AInternational&hash=item2c8d8ae02b&vxp=mtr

Once I get caught up on some bills I think I`ll try for one of these

Edited by rich_e777

When I made my adapter. I pulled/cut the ub3 pig tail from a 89 International. Then I removed a 94 CS cluster cluster pulled that pig tail. At the yard I opened up the 94 cluster and removed the black male end connector in the cluster.

I followed the wire diagram on this site to put the ub3 pig tail into the correct slots of the male end connector. That connector plugs into my car and the other end plugs into the Ub3.

The bold part is why I need the clip off of a UB3 car. I can't do shit without it. I can find a 94 if I'm lucky but anything before is harder than finding a classy young lady in today's world. Although reality is I;ll find a 1990 International before I'll find a young lady that respects herself but moving on from the subject...

As the picture above somewhere (I didn't quote it) shows, I need that pigtail/connector if I want to do anything with this cluster, I can't do it with the 94 connector.

I believe there are a few on Ebay for about $100, this one looks like a UB3 vs the other base digi cluster to me compared with the other listing for a new illuminated one for $220.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-88-91-OLDSMOBILE-CUTLASS-SUPREME-DIGITAL-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-SPEEDOMETER-/191353249835?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AOldsmobile%7CModel%3ACutlass+Supreme%7CSubmodel%3AInternational&hash=item2c8d8ae02b&vxp=mtr

Once I get caught up on some bills I think I`ll try for one of these

That is a UB3, but what's the point if you can't tell the mileage? If they can't even show it working on the pics, then there's no use because your harness won't connect to it, I already tried, it won't fit, you need the connector out of a 88-91.

I might just sell my UB3... I have no use for it if I can't roll back the miles, so I'm thinking about grabbing another 94 Cluster, pulling out the clip and going to Dakota Digital to make my own thing. Only problem there will be the dummy lights.

• 6 months later...

Update!

For the first time in two years this car is going down the road again. It is running strong too.

First thing I noticed was the UB3 was keeping the correct milage. Which I thought was strange because I never hooked up the wire for "always hot" for memory. How it is working I have no idea.

This pic was taken with the sun right behind me. No wash out issues in the sun with this dash. Way to go GM you did something right.

b5Mv1YW.jpg

Fuel economy seems low, but then again I never got more than 15mpg in this car.

LrHJRFZ.jpg

Really have not washed it yet so its dirty. I need to find my headlight covers.

aiQBZqW.jpg

0yJ72oM.jpg

4XppfDU.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert

• 2 weeks later...

Yours actually removed the mph in the cluster with the HUD? Mine was always on normally. And that economy is horrible! I don't think I ever got below 20 unless I was dogging on it.

My UB3 cluster came from a 89 International that had a HUD. Cars with a HUD from the factory did not get the large digital readout for MPGs.

I think Shawn added that to his, or attempted to. I forget the details on that.

My mpg has went up some to about 14 or 15 mpg now. That is pretty much what I have always got with this car. I have a check engine light on for an o2 sensor,but I don't feel like replacing it.

Since doing the plugs and wires and other maintaince, I am not getting a solid 16 -17 mpg.

Did it drop back to 10? If so... coil packs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I have put about 700 miles on this car this year. That's more than I have put on it in my six years of ownership. I plan to put even more miles on it before the weather gets too cold.

My mpg is now averages 19-20. That's pretty good.

• 2 years later...

I'm so sad to this car go. I can't believe I actually sold it after all these years. I haven't driven it in nearly 3 years, and I really didn't have plans to drive it anymore. At least I sold it to someone who will use it. I'm excited to move on, and I can get started on one of many other projects.  

1994 Cutlass 1.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert
  • Like 3