Cutlass Convertible Future Classic?

94 olds vert

Could the late w-body Cutlass Convertible be a future classic?

A car that would been seen at classic car shows and cruises around the country?

A car that in restored condition could sell at auction at Barret Jackson?

A car with low production numbers, casting it as a "rare" car?

In just ten years I can put an Historical Plate on my 1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, I live in Michigan and the law is a vehicle must be 25 years old or older to register for a historical plate.

Maybe then...I will have a classic car?

Or...Just another car that should of been junked...But I hope not.

I would like to hear all of your opinions about this car. The good and bad. Whatever is on your mind.

i think the cutlass convertible isnt ever going to be worth much. but will become a classic just like the old cutlass' they may be a classic but they dont bring in to much mabey 30k for a convertible. my prediction is that as of now these cars are worth 3500 now they will be worth nothing in 10 years, they will be worth around 10k in about 20 years. and mabey 30k in 30 years. this i just my prediction i have know proof of any sort. im just going off of the fact that a couple have sold at barret jackson for 20k but the had only like 5K miles, and the fact that most people are going to junk these cars

i bought my vert for just these hopes.

the more i see in the junk pile, the more "rare" mine gets

already looking on ebay some stuff sells for ridiculous amounts of cash (as most of you know)

im not saying it will be worth much maybe equivalent to like a 72 t-bird or something, nothing spectacular but car show worthy and people will and already do recognize

does anybody have the article or whatever hemmings said about it being a future classic.

I can't imagine this cars ever bring in huge dollars and I certainly wouldn't buy one with that intention...I do however think that the loaded '95s will always bring a premium over all the others....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think these cars with be as popular as the cutlass' of the 60' and early 70's. But I have been stopped by quite a few people giving me offers to buy my car. I had my car in a parade once and over heard a kid say that when he grows up, he want to drive a car like mine. So, anything is possible.

We all have to realize that there are different kinds of classic cars. ones that are worth a whole lot of money and have a wide interest crowd, then there are some that may not be worth as much but there is still a great appreciation for them. So for someone to say they wont be considered a classic car by any means i think is wrong, hell even the tgps and other Ws will eventually be labeled a classic by some means.

Classic? I hope so. Just purchased a 93 Vert. Yes it was cheaper than the 85 Eldorado convertible I was looking at purchasing, but it is modern enough for easier parts and service. It should serve the parade and grand children fun drive duties it will be assigned with class. Can't put it in the vintage car shows along with my 72 Riviera, but I can get to and from the shows with style!!!