• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach 5

• intern8tion9l

• mfewtrail

• RobertISaar

thanks and yeah only 5psi anymore and it goes into fuel cut. I think its because of the factory tune with the manual boost controller. Im sure that if I get the upgraded chip it wouldn't do that.

What boost gauge are going by? On the stock tune(especially in these cooler months), you should see about 7 psi max. Fuel cut due to boost being too high shouldn't occur unilt 8-9psi on the stock tune. So you're probably running more than you think...

By the way, on a stock tune + even using the stock boost controller, a lot of people hit the boost fuel cut when running an aftermarket filter straight on the turbo during the colder months.

EDIT: I just watched your vid. Not having an air filter is contributing to hitting the boost cut. Someone on the board dyno'd with a K&N and then without a filter and gained a few whp that way. Might be worth trying at the track if you don't hit the boost cut...

The guage is a sun pro from autozone. Probably part of the problem. I just installed a filter from TRD that I had laying around. The guage says 5psi but it will occasionally hit fuel cut. I wonder if its from having the cam and the ported head, intake, and exhaust manifolds. Plus it has the n/a compression though not much could have something to do with it. Im saving up for a better guage so I can know for sure.