turbo cammed 3.1L project

Mach 5

I'm not sure if there's room under the gen 2 intake. Never tried them, then went gen3.

The can be made to work in a gen 3. You would need the following brackets.

http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/l67-injector-rail-brackets/prod_119.html

You'd also have to splice in different connectors.

Might be more effort than it's worth for your application

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach 5

• intern8tion9l

• mfewtrail

• RobertISaar

i honestly don't remember what year they came out of, but it was definitely a grand prix. i got all the info from people on here, so i'm sure you won't have a problem doing the same. don't remember exactly how much i paid either, but i think it was less than $50

I ordered the yellow top ford injectors remans. Should be here by the end of the week. I just located a radiator and a possible exhaust manifold. I ordered one from GM but it was the n/a one not the turbo even though it was listed as a turbo manifold.

Does anyone know where I can get the turbos cooling feeds from? I was thinking the line that comes from that return pipe(for return)and the line that lines along the pass side wheel well by the crank pulley(for inlet).

Its got those brass fittings on the turbo for the water lines but where do I tap into on the engine for these? The turbo engine already has the lines integrated in. The main problem is where do I get the water inlet to the turbo from? Im going to borrow the return from the pipe by the valve cover.

-I ordered a Greddy Type S BOV, TGP rad, and manifolds.

Let me know what you may think on the BOV. I watched some comparison videos on youtube and this had that Fast & Furious sound so I liked it.

Now I just need to figure out the cooling for the turbo, air filter setup, and the rest should be pretty stright forward.

i wanted the type s, as i think it has a great sound, but ended up with the type rs since the s was discontinued....where did you find it? for the air filter all you need is a k&n right on the turbo inlet. for the coolant, one line comes across the top near the valve cover, and one goes along the bottom to the oil cooler at the oil filter(near the turbo oil lines). don't have a pic of that at the moment.....

DSC00206-1.jpg

i wanted the type s, as i think it has a great sound, but ended up with the type rs since the s was discontinued....where did you find it? for the air filter all you need is a k&n right on the turbo inlet. for the coolant, one line comes across the top near the valve cover, and one goes along the bottom to the oil cooler at the oil filter(near the turbo oil lines). don't have a pic of that at the moment.....

DSC00206-1.jpg

Did you do a harness tuck?!!

The BOV I got is a used unit. The thing is though, I don't have that return pipe by the valve cover so Im just going to T it off somewhere along that line. Its the feed that Im worried about. As for a wire tuck, how much can you tuck? I thought that the GM harness setup was sufficient enough but your car is so damn clean so maybe mine needs it.

Was yours the actually a turbo engine or is it converted? Also, do you have a pic of the fuel lines? Mine look like they are too close to the turbo.

Yes that is an entire tgp engine. You're right, i think your fuel lines will be too close, the lines I have are from the tgp as well and have more of an arc. What is this harness tuck you speak of?

I actually used some stuff from that link when I built my AE86 and swapped in the 20v. Funny you posted it

Radiator and manifolds should be here in a couple of days. Someone had them on TGPforums. I have everything else, just waiting for that.

I built a 2.5 DP and learned that the easiest way to get one installed is rock the motor forward and drop it straight down between the motor and firewall. it nestles down right next to the trans dipstick if you got an auto.

I got it in. I don't know :dunno: why I couldn't get it to fit the other day but today it just went right in. Now all I have to do is tangle with the coolant lines and fit the turbo and mess with the pipe for the egr.

For the egr, I guess that there is a different pipe thats fits because the n/a pipe is too long. Do you think I could just get a block off plate for the intake and plug the bung on the crossover and just bypass the issue or do I need the EGR w the factory programming? The other thing that got me wondering about is the MAP sensor plug, Its different from the n/a MAP sensor. I just modified the plug to fit the turbo one assuming that the wiring was the same.

waiting on the chip. I had it running with the tuned n/a chip but it won't start without it. I sent the chip to ben to be reflashed with the stock tgp prgramming. Im going to try run it without the egr.