will newer tail lights fit my car?

phantomFE3

i saw that the newer style of 2 door cutlasses have the tail lights like mine except they dont have the oldsmobile symbol pressed into the middle of the tail light, personally i think i like the ones without the symbol better, would they fit in my car?

They'll only fit if you cut the taillight off of the assembly. I think you also have to cut off the part of the chrome trim that goes under the taillight. On 88-91, the taillight and reverse light are a 1-piece assembly. On 92-97, the taillights are separate from the reverse lights.

There actually is still an emblem in the newer taillights, it's just molded on the inside so it's red. I don't like the reflector and black trim in the newer taillights (blocks light) so I just painted my emblems red and got the same effect.

myolds-990604-3.jpg

and don't some of the cutty tail lights have the upturn on them.

someone once was looking for new tails for his drop top. but they had to have the upturned lip

am i smokin something or kinda close?

Monty

and don't some of the cutty tail lights have the upturn on them.

someone once was looking for new tails for his drop top. but they had to have the upturned lip

am i smokin something or kinda close?

You're right, but not all of them are like that.

I needed a taillight for my convertible that has the raised part which is designed to match the lip spoiler.

This taillight is slightly different in that it doesn't have the black trim either.

However, there is a version without the raised part and it has black trim.

Technically it would, but the 92-97 reverse bar wouldn't work right on an 88-91 because the license plate is in between the reverse lights while 92-97 the plate was moved to the bumper.