tacking strips? mine are shot

jpmtotoro

For those who needed new tacking strips, what was your solution? Can you buy them commercially? If so, where and how much? If I need to fabricate them, I think I can make a pattern and make it happen, but what material is best?

Thanks in advance! I need to get some tacking strips by the weekend so i can finish installing it then.

JP

ooohhh wait.... junk-yard!

i'm assuming if they were used before, they would be as destroyed as mine were. they stapled the bejeezus out of mine. there were more holes than plastic left when they were done.

the tacking strip up at the 1-bow is dead... and also the strip in the back near the window curtain. they are cracked and destroyed and chunks are missing... no way these are holding staples again. :(

apparently we are posting at the same time! you edited before i posted this. oh well. anyway, are the ones you saved in good shape?? i just can't believe these would be re-usable.

there are multiple tacking strips throughout the convertible top. Wherever there are staples, there's a tacking strip underneath. I'll try to take pictures of some when I get to work. there are two curved pieces at the corners of the 1-bow that are about 5-ish inches long... those are destroyed. I believe there also two long pieces that run the entire length of the 5-bow, but I can't remember right now precisely where they were. I will double check.

i found a trim shop near my called Shelby Trim (in S.E. Michigan)

Sold it for $1.25 per foot. looks like it'll replace my old shot stuff perfectly! almost the exact same dimensions, and it'll bend into shape nicely. thanks for the feedback everyone!