Convertible rear window repair

BN

My top is in pretty good shape so I think it will last a few more years but the vinyl has come undone from the glass. Anybody had any luck rebonding the two pieces somehow? Just need to get by until I can replace the whole assembly when I get a new top.

replacing the back window is really easy. In the past I used epoxy to glue it back together, and if you get it straight and nottoo tight it'll hold for a year or so

I used Dupont urethane sealer to re-attach the canvas along the bottom of the glass. Recommended by a trim shop that also does convert tops. Same stuff they use to seal windshields. I also found the trim bead along the front of the top leaking, and used it to seal that to. Stuff holds like iron. It'll out last the top :lol: 3M also has urethane sealer and is easier to find, but it requires a 3M primer :dunno: and both are pretty pricey. Dupont does not need a primer, but hard to find. I called a mobile windshield guy, and he was nice enough to sell me a tube, and at his cost. $8 You'll need a really good caulking gun tho. The stuff is much thicker than silicone and I had to use both hands to squeeze it out with my Wal-Mart special caulking gun :lol: The pros must use an air operated gun :dunno: Also, if you have any ooze out, DON'T try to wipe it off. Let it cure completely, then use a razer blade or knife to trim it off. Way less mess that way. Good luck.

Tom