Weird buzzing coming from dash...

Night Fury

So this weird buzzing noise is coming from the dash. With key on, without engine running, or radio, or fan. It still does it with any combo of the above being on, you just can't hear it as well.

It is a variable buzzing too, fairly loud.

eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kinda like that, but buzzing. lol.

are all the guages working? i really can't think of anything back there that would buzz... HVAC shouldn't, wiring shouldn't if its grounding against something it shouldn't...

anything stop working recently?

Everything works as it should. EVERYTHING. Except I have a abs/trac system issue, but I don't think it's related because it was buzzing long before the abs issue happened.

check your rear defrost button. Mine makes the same noise and i havent gotten to figuring it out yet. For some reason when it tries to shut off it sticks and the timer module makes a humming noise

Theres a bumble bee nest under your dash!! :willynilly:

i've seen that in a camaro... got my ass out quick after seeing that.

I only found a huge bag of weed in my Camaro...

Theres a bumble bee nest under your dash!! :willynilly:

i've seen that in a camaro... got my ass out quick after seeing that.

I only found a huge bag of weed in my Camaro...

huh... i remember something suspicious growing on the carpet as well, but i stopped asking questions after i ran my ass out to get away from a couple dozen angry-as-fuck bees.

Sounds like a combo of a few things..

1- You have something, like a small piece of paper caught up in your blower motor

2- Either your ignition switch is screwed up or the BCM, causing the BCM to not go into its 'hibernate' mode and its also triggering the blower motor..

Newer GM BCMs go into a hibernate mode (They never shut off) and every now and then they will turn on for a sec, blow air through the defrost vents (lightly, low speed) and even purge the EVAP system..

Yours might be screwed up and causing it to keep the blower motor on low at all times..

Since I cant hear the noise, it may also be a bad chime module (you know, what makes your dingy noises :lol:)

Either way, get it into the dealer to diag it..

Your abs/trac issue is prolly a shot wheel bearing, bad harness for it, or the BCM, which leads to door number 1 above!!

Sounds like a combo of a few things..

1- You have something, like a small piece of paper caught up in your blower motor

2- Either your ignition switch is screwed up or the BCM, causing the BCM to not go into its 'hibernate' mode and its also triggering the blower motor..

Newer GM BCMs go into a hibernate mode (They never shut off) and every now and then they will turn on for a sec, blow air through the defrost vents (lightly, low speed) and even purge the EVAP system..

Yours might be screwed up and causing it to keep the blower motor on low at all times..

Since I cant hear the noise, it may also be a bad chime module (you know, what makes your dingy noises :lol:)

Either way, get it into the dealer to diag it..

Your abs/trac issue is prolly a shot wheel bearing, bad harness for it, or the BCM, which leads to door number 1 above!!

The problems really start when the BCM becomes self aware and beings to attempt to contact Skynet.

So get it diaged when I get teh abs shit diaged? And yes, I forgot about the fresh air shit thing.

This buzzing is a constant, but variable buzzing that has been noticeable since I got the car, So I think that should rule out #1

I will let you all know what I find out as soon as I get it checked out, which will be ASAP, which will probably not be soon. Unless they check stuff for free?

Oh, and the abs/trac lights come on every time I start rolling, sometimes right after my traction control kicks in from just turning the steering wheel. :lol:

It's always something! At least this doesn't affect driveability.

you dont have any after market glow gauges in it do you? i ask cuz i had a set in my truck and i noticed the little transistor thingy box was buzzing till it literally blew up and i had to replace it.

just thought id check.