stock radio am-fm/cd delco

stoneymonk

what years and models did the stock head unit come with a amp to power 4 speakers.Going to the junkyard this weekend would like to get one.

STOP! what vehicle is this for? Make, model and year???

many many vehicles covering all (or most) years of production had the option you describe.

ionce that is settled,. the right answers can be given.

Its going in a 95 lumina,the head unit is from a 95-96 monte.Iam also hoping this shuld be plug in and play like th HU useing the stock harness.

Its going in a 95 lumina,the head unit is from a 95-96 monte.Iam also hoping this shuld be plug in and play like th HU useing the stock harness.

ok. It should be plug and play.

here is what i know. the head unit in a 95 lumina is the same as in all gen 1.5 cars, and a ton of other vehicles, primarily chevys. a GP radio would work, but might not mount properly, though it may have the same SWRC controls, as the GP and lumina/MC used the same radio controls with different colored buttons.

to my knowledge... there is no amp built into gen 1.5 vehicles, but...

the "performance" audio option that gen 1.5 cars get involves have dual voice coil speakers, and they fit just the same as the the base speaker system and use the same wiring, with one plug for each speaker(meaning the dual voice speakers are wired to feed of one plug), you can recognize those as they have a small tweeter mounted in the middle of the 5.25 fronts, and 6x9 rears.

yes........ are you speaking aftermarket? That is out of my territory.

or are you trying to go with a stock amp from a CS or a GP which supplies a subwoofer feed?

yes........ are you speaking aftermarket? That is out of my territory.

or are you trying to go with a stock amp from a CS or a GP which supplies a subwoofer feed?

want to use the stock amp if i find one at the jy,what cars and years to look at and where would it be located.

Any CS that has factory speaker grills in the rear deck will have them.

88-93 type have an adjustable subwoofer and you need the switch that goes with it

94 are by themselves...

and 95-97 have the headunit do the adjustment

88-94 are a silver box located above the parking brake pedal

95-97 are a gray box located in the dash behind the right side of the kickpanel (the interior colored one) right beneath the steering column, remove the kickpanelthere are two trapezoid tabs holding it in place

then you need to either salvage the entire harness that goes with them, or make your own.....

I think that GPs are similar, but without looking in the car, an not sure how to find out if they are so equipped... but I have seen in several 91-93 STEs that they have an adjustable performance sound switch on the drivers door (which I think can work in place of the cutlass switch for a custom install)