Color combos

ManicMechanic

Has anyone been able to come up with a rough estimate as to how many of each were made?

I was going through my TGP pics and as most know:

Most common to least common

Red/Tan

Black/Tan

Black/Gray

Red/Gray

And TSTE

White/Gray

Maroon/Gray

Were they offered in any other combos?

I guess I got to thinking about it after coming across a red/gray car in my files. I'd never seen one before or since that I recall.

I can think of at least 3 red/gray and at least 4 black/gray. so I would say you could be possibly accurate in saying that, but there is obviously no way to know 100% for sure.

I don't have enough of them documented to really estimate how many of each color combo exist. I'm going to guess that Red w/ tan leather interior is the most common coupe.

Some other related/interesting info:

-Three of the cars on my VIN list are Red w/ gray cloth interior.

-I don't recall seeing any Black TGP's with gray cloth interior so far.

-I have 10 cars in total with gray interiors listed.

-A member on the TGP forum that used to be stationed overseas in Germany told me that there were 17 TGP's in Germany at one time. 6 of those were on the base where he was stationed. Besides those, I've located a handful in various other countries through random internet searches.

Matt, there is a picture of a black TGP with a gray cloth interior on Jeff M's website.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I think I have the VIN for it actually, but I must have mistakenly put "leather" instead of cloth beside it.

i have yet to see an 89 with gray leather, so if they exist i would say they are the most ubber rare off all, and black is way more rare in 89 then red, so finding a black on gray 89 would be the upmost rare

• 3 months later...