radio help

89SupremeCutty

i have a pioneer DEH-3000ib and it worked fine untill yesterday when i was trying to figure out what wires on the overhead console were for the dome light. i have the console wired into the factory radio harness and it works, so i know the fuse isn't blown. the fuse in the head unit itself is ok. however the chime that would occur with the door open and the key in the ignition dosn't chime anymore. and while checking the radio wiring and plugging the power wire back into the radio harness i heard the the chime going off but very faintly and went dead. would the chime module have anything to do with the head unit not working? need help ASAP please!

On newer GMs (2000ish and up) the chime module is built into the radio but thats not the case on your car. Check all your fuses, in the car and under the hood. Check power behind the radio. And i know this may sound obvious but start the car to make sure the battery isnt real weak. That could cause the door chimes to get really faint.

On newer GMs (2000ish and up) the chime module is built into the radio but thats not the case on your car. Check all your fuses, in the car and under the hood. Check power behind the radio. And i know this may sound obvious but start the car to make sure the battery isnt real weak. That could cause the door chimes to get really faint.

i know the battery is good cause i drove the car today. it's my daily bitch. the funny thing is i had power behind the radio otherwise my console wouldn't have worked, right?

Guess you didnt need me lol. :cool:

does it count that i thought of you when my radio didn't work? :lol:

i know the battery is good cause i drove the car today. it's my daily bitch. the funny thing is i had power behind the radio otherwise my console wouldn't have worked, right?

I assume you have the console hooked up so it goes on and off with the key? You most likely blew the fuse for the constant power behind the radio, not ignition power.

And thanks for thinkin of me, im flattered lol.

I assume you have the console hooked up so it goes on and off with the key? You most likely blew the fuse for the constant power behind the radio, not ignition power.

And thanks for thinkin of me, im flattered lol.

yea it's hooked up to go on and off with the key. i don't need to forget about it and have a drained battery.