would this work???

jake91

i was thinking about making a ram air style intake and i wanted to know if it would work.

what i was thinking about is using the stock airbox, and doing this.

step 1

90* elbow off of air box

step 2

2+ foot of 3in aluminum pipe with heat wrap to keep air cool

step 3

90* bend with intake opening here

untitled3-2.jpg

so would this work or am i just totaly going in the wrong direction lol

Hard to tell.. from your description, it sounds like you're going to have a lot of bends in it, which would kill any benefit of more air.

could you maybe do it with 2 45* angles instead, that would be more efficient I would think. I don't know the kind of room you have under your hood, but I would think that would be better. It may be better to not use the stock airbox to give you more room and throw a cone on the end.

maybe one 45* bend is possible. i would like to keep the air box if can. because then i wouldnt have to rig up supports for the intake, but i did consider that also, may still

Would it work? Yes. Would it be more efficient? No, to many bends and you also have a much higher chance of getting crap in your airbox, clogging it and dirtying your filter much faster along with the fact of moisture getting it there when driving in the rain...

Also, I dont think you have the room under your airbox for the tubing you want to use.

okay then i wont do this thanks for the advise.

okay new question. whats a good alternative to a cai without spending much money and not moving a battery, ect

okay new question. whats a good alternative to a cai without spending much money and not moving a battery, ect

gutting your airbox and getting a K&N drop-in.

FWI. Fender well Intake... Adam has a custom one but he relocated the battery... I removed the high beam light and added an extension for the airbox down the the opening where the high beam was... There is a warm air intake on ebay thats decent

gutting your airbox and getting a K&N drop-in.

how does this work and what is involved in doing it

also what good does a wai do

for now i have just ditched my stock air box,made of simple splash guard witch bolted to stock air box location(i live in an area where there are low water crossings), and added a cone filter to the end of my stock tubing. you can deffinately hear and feel a difference. simple ,effective and low cost.

thanks for all the help. i think i am just going to wait till i have the money to get a true cai/fwi for the car. unless there is anything else comparable