Making my header/Logs....FINISHED !!!!!!!!!!

AWeb80

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• slick

• RobertISaar

• Brian P

Adam, if you needed a front metal valve cover you shoulda said so! I have several, one of them has a tiny piece broken off the inside corner that I'd sell for the cost of shipping.

I don't need them....Ken was just nice enough to give me a rear one when I met him in Toledo.

I'll do the front one some time.....he may have one to give me at the Dayton meet.

STFU Jay.

At least i'm still working on my car.

ZING

ouch man that hurts.... :cry: :cry:

I had it started yesterday, but it kept dying like it had a huge cam in it. I think it's because the battery is toast and the alt is on the fritz as well. Glad i have a brand new $140 alt in the garage on my bench to swap out.

I don't need them....Ken was just nice enough to give me a rear one when I met him in Toledo.

I'll do the front one some time.....he may have one to give me at the Dayton meet.

I couldn't find the front one earlier. I now have it. oh well. LOL

no other plans. If stuff wasn't so slow at work, I'd have a motor built. but alas, I'll have to wait. Besides, I'd like to have those new rockers from 60* for a motor build.....but they aren't made yet.

Just coated the manifold yester day and now am doing one round of baking....

Directions are to let it dry for 24 hrs, then heat to 3-400*...but doesn't say for how long, so I'm doing 20 minutes. Then I'll let it cool and do one more coat.

Testing on the rear first....just coated the insides where I ported and had bare metal to see how it turns out......sure does smoke when I gets hot.

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

ah, very nice....I've tried to get my dad to get a tig welder....he's always wanted one, but really has no use for it.

you worried about not having a flex pipe?

it has afew tanks of gas run time and they are doing fine.. there is a flex on the down pipe (although all there is is a downpipe)

the flanges allow for some heat extraction ect. everything is solid and THICK ga stainless, it will not crack... every mount is solid on my car and even with no dogbones there is 0 movement so i dont have to worry about that causing issues either..