New cross laces are done and on the car!!! Page 3!!

CSI_MuNkY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOT2B GM

• CSI_MuNkY

• IRONDOG442

• dohc v6

IMO most aftermarket wheels look amature anyway.

Agreed. Still love the wheels.

Aftermarket wheels look amateur, yet factory stock wheels look professional? Is that what that is supposed to mean? :lol:

Those look nice Jamie!!!!

Pretty much.

As in, those who don't know what they're doing, and buy some "rims" for the sake of it, but have little consideration for how well they fit the car aesthetically. There are alot of options for those people. They are in essence "amatures" at judging what makes a car look nice.

IMO automakers have really gotten it together in terms of wheels over the past decade, namely offering bigger wheels as to fill out the wells and give a more extreme wheel/tire ratio...something it took the design staff a long time to convince the bean counters to do. Factory wheels just have a finished, handsome appearance that most aftermarket designs lack.

So like you said, factory wheels give the car a more professional looking design. The aftermarket is littered with crap, and alot of people with aftermarket wheels should have been ALOT more discriminating with their choices from what I've seen.

I couldn't agree more!

Nice... chrome lug nuts maybe??? I put some on my black rims and they look alright.

need more close up shots at ground level with the tire tread showing the fattness.

get a nice shot and change the sig now

Dont get me wrong, I think those look great on your car, but for some reason I think they look even better on a white car more than anything else.

But like I said, those do look good, and the red stripe adds your own touch to it.

Looking great!!!!

to bad I'm taking to long to get mine done, now I'm going to be the copycat :lol: mine is going to look pretty close to that, exept I'm going the cheap way (maybe idk :confused:) and with a thinner strip, I'm still undecided on the reflective stuff yet :rolleyes:

Good Job again!! :wink:

O man....

from one of the biggest X lace leg humpers......Great job.

this thread almost did me in......Fresh Black PC'd X laces ....and a HAWT Fiero w/ Black X laces......

....whew, I'm exhausted.....should be ready to go again in 30 minutes.

:drool:

Thanks Aweb! I was waiting for you to see this thread!

Hey Jamie, what % tint do you have on your GP? Looks great!

I'm not even sure, it was on the car when I got it.

Any vids yet?

Vids of what?

The car is still off the road, the steering column is sitting on my bedroom floor waiting to go in.

Jamie

Wheels look good, but the reflective part- meh.

I would of had the powdercoater do the lip in red while he was at it.

The powder coater had no means of masking the area off. The tape and the adhesive would have to sustain temps over 400*. By then the glue on the tape fails and the masking job is ruined.

Also, part of the reason he was so cheap was because he doesn't have a wheel lathe to machine the lip.

I like the reflective... that's all that matters to me...

Jamie