New cross laces are done and on the car!!! Page 3!!

CSI_MuNkY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOT2B GM

• CSI_MuNkY

• IRONDOG442

• dohc v6

too bad they are crosslaces.... would look sooo much better with a nice set of 5-spokes :mmhmm:

sorry, had to.

but really? i like it, especially the vinyl overlay, i am curious to see how it takes road conditions on the red. i like it. i like it alot.

The Vinyl is industrial grade. Guaranteed for 5 years without fading. And they are tough so they should stand up to stone chips... BUT, just in case I have 4 extra pieces made in case I have to do repairs.

This is how they came

IMG_3365.jpg

So if I need to fix one I only have to do half the wheel.

Jamie

I used to own a Sunfire just like that!!

Obviously not with the work you have done to it, I only had it for a week before I wrote it off

5123830006_large.jpg

Jamie

haha, very nice. Yeah they are pretty good little cars. Nice job on the wheels though, I can understand how long they took to do, unless you had someone else do them.

they look better then they did stock but for the $ you have invested in them I would have gone aftermarket....

Find me better aftermarket rims for less than $320 Canadian (taxes included)

By better I will mean bigger and lighter and in as good or better shape than what I have now

haha, very nice. Yeah they are pretty good little cars. Nice job on the wheels though, I can understand how long they took to do, unless you had someone else do them.

ahh, not me man.I think you can rock that old school look. Slam your car though on those CO.

I had them done at a local shop. It would of only been $300 total, but I had some nasty gouges on one of them that he repaired.

I will be going lower this year, as low as the parking lot entrance at my school will let me go, lol

Jamie

Find me better aftermarket rims for less than $320 Canadian (taxes included)

fwiw: you can get a set of 18s for under $400....

USD

And like I said, find me bigger and LIGHTER wheels that don't need to be refinished

Cross laces are crazy light for the size and construction. Mine after refinishing weigh in at 22.1lb each. Most aftermarket wheels are 25lb plus, unless your buying light wheels, which I have never seen for anywhere near $300.... maybe, MAYBE $300 EACH..

Add to that the correct offset so they don't sit so deep in the wheel wells

I did search long and hard for rims... there were simply none in my price range

Jamie

Hey those look mean Jamie. Those should look really sweet on the car. As for how much was worth spending to have them done. Eff that...if it's that look you want, go for it. I'm pissing WAY to much dough into those Bonneville 17"s, but I know there isn't another wheel out there for me, or the look I want for the car.

IMO most aftermarket wheels look amature anyway.

Agreed. Still love the wheels.

Aftermarket wheels look amateur, yet factory stock wheels look professional? Is that what that is supposed to mean? :lol:

Those look nice Jamie!!!!

Agreed. Still love the wheels.

Aftermarket wheels look amateur, yet factory stock wheels look professional? Is that what that is supposed to mean? :lol:

Those look nice Jamie!!!!

Pretty much.

As in, those who don't know what they're doing, and buy some "rims" for the sake of it, but have little consideration for how well they fit the car aesthetically. There are alot of options for those people. They are in essence "amatures" at judging what makes a car look nice.

IMO automakers have really gotten it together in terms of wheels over the past decade, namely offering bigger wheels as to fill out the wells and give a more extreme wheel/tire ratio...something it took the design staff a long time to convince the bean counters to do. Factory wheels just have a finished, handsome appearance that most aftermarket designs lack.

So like you said, factory wheels give the car a more professional looking design. The aftermarket is littered with crap, and alot of people with aftermarket wheels should have been ALOT more discriminating with their choices from what I've seen.

So they are on the car! went out this evening with Matt and put them on the car (and he got out the Fiero)

I'm happy with how they turned out :biggrin:

Excuse the car being dirty, its sat where you see it since October and is in bad need of a good detail.

IMG_3384.jpg

No flash

IMG_3391.jpg

With Flash

IMG_3390.jpg

No Flash

IMG_3394.jpg

With Flash

IMG_3393.jpg

I think the car can definitely get lower this year!

Jamie

The flash really overexaggerates the reflectivity of the stripe. It looks REALLY good in person. Suits the car perfectly.

Jamie, wheres that sweet shot you took of the Fiero?