i just bought a tgp!

boostedponty

i just bought a 90 tgp it has a lumpty idle sometimes which ive heard alot bout bad cross overs but how do u tell its bad its not noisy under the hood and i also have a brake isssue its pissen brake fluid out the master and the guy i got it from said it was sum o ring has anybody hurd of this? if not how hard is it 2 adapt the car to a normal mastercylinder

where did u buy it from? How much? Sounds like the one in Wisconsin. But the pissing could be anything but most likely the back plate has cracked and can no longer hold pressure.

welcome aboard, post some pics when you get a chance.

We really need a "so you've bought a TGP, now what" topic :lol:

welcome aboard, post some pics when you get a chance.

We really need a "so you've bought a TGP, now what" topic :lol:

Yes, We really do. We could list all the common problems with these, from turbo oil return lines to crossovers to PMIII. Seems like every other day one of these posts shows up.

It's pretty hard to swap over to a regular non-abs. but thats what some have had to do. you have to take out the whole dash and get a different plate for the firewall I guess.

yeah i did buy it in wisconsin it was about 10min from my house i found it on craigslist dude wanted a grand for it i offerd him 600 and he took it i threw a battery in it and it fired rite up drove it home with lack of brakes the car came from utah the drivers seat is screwed and so is the paint but the body is perfect not one spec of rust anywhere on the body or underneath when i put it up on the hoist i was very impressed the odometer reads 194000 but i dont think thats the orginal odometer cuz all the front end parts r orginal parts and they r tight and so is the exhaust and it looks like the rear struts r also so im thinken sombody just switched the odometer and the engine isnt huffing and the trans fluid is still nice and red overall besides the brakes its all cosmetic i will have to get some pics of her on hear anybody think it was an alrite deal?

yeah i did buy it in wisconsin it was about 10min from my house i found it on craigslist dude wanted a grand for it i offerd him 600 and he took it i threw a battery in it and it fired rite up drove it home with lack of brakes the car came from utah the drivers seat is screwed and so is the paint but the body is perfect not one spec of rust anywhere on the body or underneath when i put it up on the hoist i was very impressed the odometer reads 194000 but i dont think thats the orginal odometer cuz all the front end parts r orginal parts and they r tight and so is the exhaust and it looks like the rear struts r also so im thinken sombody just switched the odometer and the engine isnt huffing and the trans fluid is still nice and red overall besides the brakes its all cosmetic i will have to get some pics of her on hear anybody think it was an alrite deal?

Wow! what a steal.. I posted that CL listing on TGPForums and when i read it it sounded like that guy wasnt going to Budge in that price.. He stated it like 1000 Firm.. I have 2 PMIII Units 1 in my car now and a spare one just missing the motor relay that u can use yours and a parts PMIII unit.. Wait that makes 3 :lol:. Im Converting my TGP into a 5 spd with non-abs brakes from my parts car posted in the members rides section..

Good deal on the car..

yea i thought so can anybody tell me how to get pics on this bitch? lol and im gonna pull the masterapart on it to day to find out wat i need to make it work again

Wow! what a steal.. I posted that CL listing on TGPForums and when i read it it sounded like that guy wasnt going to Budge in that price.. He stated it like 1000 Firm.. I have 2 PMIII Units 1 in my car now and a spare one just missing the motor relay that u can use yours and a parts PMIII unit.. Wait that makes 3 :lol:. Im Converting my TGP into a 5 spd with non-abs brakes from my parts car posted in the members rides section..

Good deal on the car..

so how much u want for that powermaster3 setup i cant seem to figure out why mine is pissing i changed the oring on that back plate and no difference and i couldnt find any cracks or anything and wow they make it a bitch to get that thing out of the car dont they?

Sounds like the backing plate on the master cylinder is cracked, happened to mine last year. You will either need to replace it or get it rebuilt. But as far as i know no one is rebuilding them anymore

Good deal on the car..

so how much u want for that powermaster3 setup i cant seem to figure out why mine is pissing i changed the oring on that back plate and no difference and i couldnt find any cracks or anything and wow they make it a bitch to get that thing out of the car dont they?

Yes they fo but once u take it in and out like 4 or 5 times its alot easier.. i had to tring to find out y it was leaking and then found that backplate leaking.. its easy for me after the first time.. lol

Price wise not sure what these things are worth.. can anyone chime in?? remember i have 2 full units (-the one missing the relay) and a parts unit.. i know you want one though..

yeah im sure it does it went together easier than it came apart well let me knw wat u want out of it as soon as possible cuz i really have an itch to get her back on the road again

Did Prior stop rebuilding them? Not that it matters they REALLY wanted your first born son to do it.

Yea they stopped rebuilding them. They cant get pressure switches anymore apparently. There was another place doing them for awhile but i think they stopped as well.

you have a PM!

well 250 seams like a bit much but i guess would be worth it if ik at least one of those would fix my problem perferably the complete one, and would u be willing to ship it? like maybe u put it on ebay under a buy it now and let me no as soon as u post it or would i have to drive out to chicago?

Ill ship no problem.. if you have paypal you can just send a payment straight to me.. then i can ship it right away once payment has cleared..Well shall talk through PM thanks

Did Prior stop rebuilding them? Not that it matters they REALLY wanted your first born son to do it.

Yea they stopped rebuilding them. They cant get pressure switches anymore apparently. There was another place doing them for awhile but i think they stopped as well.

I did some looking into the yesterday, Prior has nothing to do with PMIII anymore, but another company I talked to does. I'll post more once I find the paper I wrote down everything down on.

I did some looking into the yesterday, Prior has nothing to do with PMIII anymore, but another company I talked to does. I'll post more once I find the paper I wrote down everything down on.

well thanks for researching it for me i appreciate it let me no wat u find but i think i am gonna buy one of those pms for gtpgt or watever his name is lol

Ill ship no problem.. if you have paypal you can just send a payment straight to me.. then i can ship it right away once payment has cleared..Well shall talk through PM thanks

yup sounds good i have some unexpected bills that showed up to day im hopen i will no more by next week mon on wat i have to spend can i maybe get ur tellphone num incase i cant reach u on the forum and we can work it out further my name is rich by the way