PS Leak on the Impy

carkhz316

Well, as the title implies, I get home today from school to see a small oil puddle, followed by a drip trail where my fiance parks her car. I just changed the oil last night, and then freaked in speculation of screwing something up changing oil????

:facepalm:

Anyway, called the Ms. when she got done with work to tell her to check the oil (she was already on her 20 mile trip home) doh!!!!. I told her to watch out for any light/ Driver message pertaining to oil. Also had her meet me at my parents (heated garage) As soon as I hopped in the car, I immediately noticed the groan of low PS fluid. This car sprung a leak a week after she bought it in April '08. The dealership fixed it of course; with what I crawled underneath to find as just a 6in long piece of patch hose, much like I have done to my Euro. Well, I topped off the foaming resevoir to see if I could get it to dump out again. No dice. Cycled the wheel a bunch of times to get the fliud circulating. Finally the groan went away. No leak. No dripping. I'm confused. What do you guys think?????

Well, I think/ hope I figured it out. As my crappy paint picture shows, one side of the rubber chunk of hose was just barely hanging on. I clamped it better than it was. I hope this was it. Time will tell I guess.