PO440/PO440pd Codes

2002ls1z

Hopefully this is the last repair i'll have to make for awhile.... SES light came on and I got both of these codes. It has something to do with EVAP. Someone told me to replace the gas cap, which I did. The code came back. What could be the culprit?

2001 Buick Century Custom 3100V6 98k miles

You need to have your evap system smoked to find the leak. P0440 is a small leak. Without smoking it, you will be pissing in the wind by guessing. From experience, youll prolly end up replacing the entire canister or a vent solenoid is leaking.

So, take her to a shop.

You need to have your evap system smoked to find the leak. P0440 is a small leak. Without smoking it, you will be pissing in the wind by guessing. From experience, youll prolly end up replacing the entire canister or a vent solenoid is leaking.

So, take her to a shop.

Is this going to be another costly repair? I work for an auto parts company, so I do get a good deal on parts. This month i've: Replaced an EGR valve, flushed the tranny, replaced trans pressure control solenoid, replaced the starter.... Last month I had the LIM replaced, valve cover gaskets, new plugs, new wire, pcv valve. I really hope this is it for awhile. I'm spent out! :mrgreen:

Just take it to a shop or a dealer and ask for a diagnostic for the check engine light. See what they come back with. Just fix it yourself to save on further labor costs and parts markup

Good news. I had to add washer fluid today and I checked the evap thing off of the throttle body. One of the hose ends was cracked and disconnected. This must have happened when my new EGR was installed. I put the new hose on. All fixed now.