custom codemask...

RobertISaar

i was checking out all of the stuff at code59 the other day and i've been kicking an idea around in my head for a few days, and i think i have it sane enough to be able to explain it a bit...

why can't we just make our own codemask? i see patches and the like for other masks that turn the VE table from like 8x10 to 16x23 or something crazy like that. so in that same train of thought i came up with: an entirely new codemask that is entirely mapped so we know what every function is, what all the tables do/ where they're located, be able to set options like lean cruise, egr diagnostics, any size of ve/spark tables, electronic tranny control, anything...

i would think we would need at least 2 versions though: 1 for SD and one for MAF systems, or maybe there could be a option in the definition to switch back and forth using the same mask.

if i knew how to do this myself i wouldn't ask, but i'm lost once people start talking about disassemblies and the like.

but from what i figure is whith the collective knowledge of everyone that knows how to write a codemask definition, this should be possible, right? i mean GM made a couple dozen codemasks using the same basic hardware, so why can't we?

by the way this is going to be up at 60* too, so i can help progress this idea faster.