TGP at local yard

GrandPrixII

GrandprixII, if the car is still there, could you check and see how much they would want for the entire powertrain (engine, trans, radiator, intercooler, turbo, wiring harness, ECM) please and thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted To Boost

• intern8tion9l

• GrandPrixII

• pontiac6ksteawd

Dont forget to check for a radiator and intercooler. Sounds like your cheap car is going to need a transplant...

I'm afraid so.. Hopefully they don't want too much for it all, this would be a really nice swap! I want to save the car, because the body is mint.

I know that you know your shit when it comes to chip burning, but how positive are you about the ECMs having specific programming not on the EPROM?

ECMs are not specific to the TGP just the Blue Memcal. The Memcal has 2 chips inside. One has the programming for the car and one has a limp home mode for that same car. So if you have a 88 GPSE memcal with a tgp program on the eprom, you still have the limp home mode of a 88 GPSE. To be clear I am absoutely positive of this..

-Adam

just got back from visiting my sister in san diego and stopped by on the way.

that yard really is a shitty one. they only have like 5% of the space dedicated to GMs and that amounts to only about 6-8 rows and they crush a whole row every 2 days. the rest are imports pretty much. they do not keep an inventory of what they have in the yard. the old guy working there is annoying.

Bah! :mad:

just got back from visiting my sister in san diego and stopped by on the way.

that yard really is a shitty one. they only have like 5% of the space dedicated to GMs and that amounts to only about 6-8 rows and they crush a whole row every 2 days. the rest are imports pretty much. they do not keep an inventory of what they have in the yard. the old guy working there is annoying.

Bah! :mad:

A shame I went today and it was gone although they had some other GM raritys nothing worth while like this.

I know that you know your shit when it comes to chip burning, but how positive are you about the ECMs having specific programming not on the EPROM?

ECMs are not specific to the TGP just the Blue Memcal. The Memcal has 2 chips inside. One has the programming for the car and one has a limp home mode for that same car. So if you have a 88 GPSE memcal with a tgp program on the eprom, you still have the limp home mode of a 88 GPSE. To be clear I am absoutely positive of this..

-Adam

Ohhh, i figured as much when it comes this. I thought you meant the entire ECM was specific :lol:

• 3 months later...