No way.. seriously? Is this the end of 4T65E #3?!

digitaloutsider

WHAT???????

Are you fucking serious?!!? I'm so sorry!! You've put so much fucking work into that car..... fuck man, I'm pissed right along with you. By all rights, that car should be fucking SOLID.

:( I know the feeling, most definitely...

Sucks to hear, but it tend to happen when you keep putting used transmissions in a car, especially since you dont know how it had been treated all its life..

Odds are, the convertor is just trashed.. unless the shock from the TCC being stuck destroyed some internal hard parts

Sucks to hear, but it tend to happen when you keep putting used transmissions in a car, especially since you dont know how it had been treated all its life..

Odds are, the convertor is just trashed.. unless the shock from the TCC being stuck destroyed some internal hard parts

Yup!

But #3 I thought he had it rebuilt.

I feel your pain Shaun. It's a risk to be taken when installing used tranny's. I'm on 4T60e #4 myself. Original one lost pressure at 140k (5k miles after installing the 3400), second grenaded the reverse reaction drum at random about 15k later. 3rd one was a bad rebuild and didn't have reverse. 4th one I'm still tooting around in today fortunately.

I will say this at the risk of being bashed to death, but fuck it its an online forum ,and most of you can't kick my ass anyway !

Maybe its the way you drive your car or the way the DHP tuned it ? I have ridden with you in your "racecar" Shuan !

I drove like an idiot with you in the car because of that exact reason. I genuinely do not beat on the car the way most ClubGP/L67 crowd people do. Not to say I'm 100% easy on it, because I'm not, but to this very fucking day none of the hard parts that fail because of abuse have killed one of my transmissions. It's always been some stupid shit that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place (i.e. losing 4th gear, TCC circuit (second one), pressure control solenoid boring out the sleeve in the valve body and overworking the pump, etc.). If I say, sheared an input shaft, I wouldn't be pissed because that would be my fault. I refuse to believe I'm the reason why the TCC solenoid is broken, but I'm not here to argue with you.

The TC is brand new. I was extremely strapped for cash and couldn't afford a rebuild so I paid the price with a salvage unit. Whatever.

I am not saying you deserve a busted 3rd tansmission and again I dont ride with you everyday. I did suspect you were driving your car that way to show its abilities and it ran quite well. I would help you install another one I just sold a 66k mile 3.29 FDR GLS transmission yesterday for $100. You can buy another low miles trans for next to nothing and thats what I suggest you do, don't dump the car. Can you possibly put a 4t80e in there?

I think you need some time away from that car.... come back to it later on.

honestly with it still needing an entire suspension and a paintjob, I don't know where I stand on the matter myself. sometimes you just gotta let go.

honestly with it still needing an entire suspension and a paintjob, I don't know where I stand on the matter myself. sometimes you just gotta let go.

You're one to talk.... :lol: Look at the car in your signature!!

Why?!

he got another one.... and blew the motor in the current white Z. :confused:

Shaun, seriously I'd save up some money and consider a 5/6 speed and get it done right, or get a newly rebuilt trans and a new/higher stall to boot.

Eh. I'm done with the L67/4T65E for a good long while. It was nice when it worked and performed right, but I want to move on to something a little more exciting. As fun as a 5/6-speed swap would be, it isn't feasible at the current point in time.