Questions about new carpet for a Wbody. Update on pg. 4 (1/19/09)

blackbombshell95

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackbombshell95

• 5speedz34

• slick

• Andrew

where have you bought SEM online? I have found it at my local body shop but they want $coin for it.

$15 a can is about local retail plus tax around here.

http://www.handsontools.com currently has the best prices.

http://www.handsontools.com/SEM-Products_bymfg_212-3-1.html

I have 6 cans coming from handsontools here anyday. Cost me around $65 shipped.

Sometimes I can find other deals through amazon. Handsontools once sold through amazon.

SJ discount tools sells them but they have a horrible reputation on the internet.

TCPGlobal.com is where I go for my auto body supplies online. I think they are only like $4 a can on there.

No. At minimum and if u are lucky, you can find them at $8 a can if you buy them in bulk.

$11.26 is what TCPglobal.com sells them plus shipping.

TCPGlobal.com is where I go for my auto body supplies online. I think they are only like $4 a can on there.

No. At minimum and if u are lucky, you can find them at $8 a can if you buy them in bulk.

$11.26 is what TCPglobal.com sells them plus shipping.

I was looking at something else that was SEM and thought it was the same stuff. I thought that was too cheap. But it definately looks like its worth the money.

Venom, its defiantly worth the money.

Crap, I'm still out of luck. My carpet is completely shot, so I need new carpet, or a good replacement.

Let me know if you could use my new carpet. Its listed for a 94 to 96 Grand prix. Should fit others easily.

Ah that sucks, no color even remotely close to adriatic blue. Guess I'm going to have the shop custom mix something for me.

Theres other products out there just like Sem. I know maaco uses a different brand that costs similiar. But you would have to stop by maaco and ask what they use to paint interior trim panels. And that might have your color.

Crap, I'm still out of luck. My carpet is completely shot, so I need new carpet, or a good replacement.

Let me know if you could use my new carpet. Its listed for a 94 to 96 Grand prix. Should fit others easily.

What color is it again, and what did you say the problem with it that you had?

It is black. The carpet requires the holes to be cut around anything that protrudes from the base of the car. Ie, hood lever, bolt holes under the seats etc. And its lighter than the factory carpet. Not that its a problem, I just associate heavier things with higher quality. On the other hand, you can save a bit of weight with this carpet swap.

It is black. The carpet requires the holes to be cut around anything that protrudes from the base of the car. Ie, hood lever, bolt holes under the seats etc. And its lighter than the factory carpet. Not that its a problem, I just associate heavier things with higher quality. On the other hand, you can save a bit of weight with this carpet swap.

Hmm.... PM me on price, and if it does actually fit well in the car. I can get insulation to put underneath for pretty cheap.