Questions about new carpet for a Wbody. Update on pg. 4 (1/19/09)

blackbombshell95

Anyone replaced their carpet in their wbody? How well was the fitment and where did you buy it at?

This is for my 95 gp. I'm looking for the highest quality in material and fitment in black.

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackbombshell95

• 5speedz34

• slick

• Andrew

dont ever buy a new carpet unelss you wanna waste the $ fora dealer replacement. just clean or repair yours. i like to take mine out and bring it to the selve service car wash n pressure wash it

dont ever buy a new carpet unelss you wanna waste the $ fora dealer replacement. just clean or repair yours. i like to take mine out and bring it to the selve service car wash n pressure wash it

I was just about to suggest the exact same thing, it's amazing just how new factory carpeted mats can look after a high pressure spray.

Or if it's real bad, get one from a j/y car, clean it and install it. Logikfive did it to his LTZ and it looked great.

Link to pics?

Seriously that's the thing to do, get the stuff from the junkyard. Aftermarket carpet will never be as nice.

I think mine faded after I powerwashed it.....but I can redye it or just get some nice carpet from a junkyard car.

Or if it's real bad, get one from a j/y car, clean it and install it. Logikfive did it to his LTZ and it looked great.

Link to pics?

Seriously that's the thing to do, get the stuff from the junkyard. Aftermarket carpet will never be as nice.

I think mine faded after I powerwashed it.....but I can redye it or just get some nice carpet from a junkyard car.

He's not on AIM tonight, so next time he is I'll see if he has a couple of pics...or I'll send him to this thread.

Link to pics?

He's not on AIM tonight, so next time he is I'll see if he has a couple of pics...or I'll send him to this thread.

Does he have a thread on this?

I wasn't really even looking for the carpet when I found the one I seen in the JY. The car it came out of had low miles.

Before:

IMG_0477.jpg

Carpet I got from the JY after shampooing it on my kitchen floor, haha.

IMG_0646.jpg

Gutted interior... (Yes, in the last pic you can see I even had the headliner out for sunroof repair... :willynilly:)

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

It took me about four hours to do the entire carpet swap. Overall it wasn't hard to do. If you can operate a screwdriver and an awl, you should have no problem putting a new carpet in.

I'm sad to say I don't have photos of the carpet after I installed it handy (because of a HDD crash :( and I never uploaded them to my Photobucket)

Fitting the carpet up under the pedals and around the center console hump was the hardest part. Everything else was cake, just time consuming.

What the hell is an Awl? What did you use to "shampoo" it? The carpet looks amazing!

Ya I've pulled carpet out of a few W's. It's not bad but its nice to have a helper. I think the reason mine faded is because I used simple green and a power washer, but to be honest who knows.

I wasn't really even looking for the carpet when I found the one I seen in the JY. The car it came out of had low miles.

Before:

IMG_0477.jpg

Carpet I got from the JY after shampooing it on my kitchen floor, haha.

IMG_0646.jpg

Gutted interior... (Yes, in the last pic you can see I even had the headliner out for sunroof repair...  :willynilly:)

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

It took me about four hours to do the entire carpet swap. Overall it wasn't hard to do. If you can operate a screwdriver and an awl, you should have no problem putting a new carpet in.

I'm sad to say I don't have photos of the carpet after I installed it handy (because of a HDD crash :( and I never uploaded them to my Photobucket)

Fitting the carpet up under the pedals and around the center console hump was the hardest part. Everything else was cake, just time consuming.

lol thats exactly what i did this year, just not on my kitchen floor lol. But i also reupholstered the front seats, replaced the trim, and the headliner lol. Mine took 9.5 hours to complete. I should have taken pics

I picked up new carpet today from ACC. My stock carpet is a charcoal color. And the one I bought is black. It will match the rest of the new interior quite well.

Would LTZ leathers fit in a 4 door Lumina?

Of course.

Nice! No problems installing into a 1st gen?

my question exactly those look nice even though i dont like leather

You want to sell those crosslaces yet?