Price Paid Question - 98 or 98 Lumina LTZ

kcac

If you've purchased a 98 or 99 Lumina LTZ within the past year or so, or know someone who has, I'd be interesting in knowing (ballpark figure) how much you paid and how many miles were on it when you bought it. I've been kicking around the idea of getting one, and would like to learn what the real world price is averaging for this car.

Thanks in advance.

I just realized the subject line should have been 98 or 99 Lumina LTZ. I was interested in learning what the typical high end of the actual sales price vs asking price would be (purchasing from a dealer). Thanks for the info

The LTZs I've come across recently had mileage in the mid 90's to 110's. They had most or all of the options, all looked clean inside with near perfect interiors and no rust, a couple were clean inside but had the start of rust around each of the wheel wells.

I bought a 1997 Lumina LTZ in summer of 2006. It had 66k miles, was a one owner, absolutely mint, came with all records and was serviced and originally purchased at the dealership I bought it from. It was $5500. It was over KBB, but was worth the premium to me, due to low miles, one owner and all the records. Hopefully that helps somewhat?

Not really. I bought my 96 Prix back in 02 with 65k miles from a reputable dealership (reedman, or so i thought) for $5500 knowing that was well over value. But I figured low miles, 1 owner, no problems, worth the extra bit. Nope. The LIM was leaking, and this was back when i knew nothing about cars. Someone at the dealer had unplugged the low coolant warning and I kept driving around the winter with no heat till finally I couldn't take it anymore, took it to a repair shop and paid $550 to have that done. That was suck.

$1500 - $3000

Are you serious?

Edit:: it obviously depends on location. I'm in the Chicagoland area and couldn't find a single LTZ or plain Lumina for that matter, that was in that price range that had under 140k miles on it.

Sold my 98 LTZ 2 years ago with 159k for $1800 in OK Shape. If whoever owns it now removes the CD holder, they'll be surprised to find the switches and wires to the heated seats I had. Never got around to completing the wires properly, so I just disconnected them and left them. Too much of a hassle to remove.

$1500 - $3000

Are you serious?

Edit:: it obviously depends on location. I'm in the Chicagoland area and couldn't find a single LTZ or plain Lumina for that matter, that was in that price range that had under 140k miles on it.

yeah. a member here recently sold his very nice LTZ for what, $3000? he stated that was more than it was worth too, so :dunno:

Interesting that none of the numbers are anywhere near $4000. Glad I asked. I was thinking a car at 90,000 to 110,000 mileage range would be a $3500 to $4000 car, as long as the interior and body were in good shape and everything worked.

I was thinking a car at 90,000 to 110,000 mileage range would be a $3500 to $4000 car, as long as the interior and body were in good shape and everything worked.

They may not be worth that, but people/dealers will definitely list them for that much. It all depends on where you live!

I test drove a 99 LTZ today with 95,000 miles. The engine didn't fully warm up, even after driving on the highway. I guess the best case scenario is the thermostat is bad. I don't know what the worst case scenario would be. Overall the engine was smooth and strong. Interior was perfect, body had some rough spots and a rattle underneath. Anyway, my point is the $3k or less fair price guestimates posted earlier seem to be right on in regards to this specific car.

Interesting that none of the numbers are anywhere near $4000. Glad I asked. I was thinking a car at 90,000 to 110,000 mileage range would be a $3500 to $4000 car, as long as the interior and body were in good shape and everything worked.

....most times you can find boosted Regals and GTPs in that $3500-4000 price range ....

I test drove a 99 LTZ today with 95,000 miles. The engine didn't fully warm up, even after driving on the highway. I guess the best case scenario is the thermostat is bad. I don't know what the worst case scenario would be. Overall the engine was smooth and strong. Interior was perfect, body had some rough spots and a rattle underneath. Anyway, my point is the $3k or less fair price guestimates posted earlier seem to be right on in regards to this specific car.

Take some pics and post em.

Were you just going by the gauge or did you have a scanner? The reason I ask is because the gauge on my 99 LTZ shows that the car never warms up past 1/4th up the gauge or so... However, if you hook up a scanner, it shows that the temp is actually where it should be...

Were you just going by the gauge or did you have a scanner? The reason I ask is because the gauge on my 99 LTZ shows that the car never warms up past 1/4th up the gauge or so... However, if you hook up a scanner, it shows that the temp is actually where it should be...

No scanner just looking at the temp gauge and how it barely made it to 1/4 of the way as yours does. This is subjective, but even at the high heat setting, the air coming out of the heater was very warm, but not hot. It was barely sufficient with the temperature in the high 20's, it would never cut it in the dead of winter.

This LTZ had an asking price of $3500, and wasn't loaded with options. It had cloth split bench seat, air, pw, pl, am/fm cassette, after market remote entry, scratches and some peeled paint and rust behind the front wheels/wheel wells.