Paint Idea

91LuminaEuro

So here's an update...

I went out to my car in the parking garage to go get something to eat the other day. (Im at school in the city)  And there is a somewhat large white scuff on the passengers side FF/Reflector  and a huge black scuff on the bumper cover.....Yes, i know that it will probably buff out and be fine. Just a pain in the ass..

n35104578_32368663_2812.jpg

n35104578_32368664_3034.jpg

So i got ahold o the DUPO (what we lovingly call our campus police) and they filled out a report.  Wasnt much i could do but its better than nothing.  Oh well i guess, ill post pictures later today.  Luckily there were no dents.

This isnt horrible because i have two front fenders off a euro sedan and the hood  sitting in a shed at home as spares.  Back when i was 16 in high school i was in an accident, and my hood has a small kink in the corner and the fender tip is bent a little.  The body pannels were free so i couldnt not take them, (however they're maroon so i was only gonna use them if i painted the car.)  So im gonna throw the two fenders on when i paint the car.   Well actually im going to prep and paint them off the car, then put them on after its all painted.  It will look much cleaner that way...

Now for an update on the paint..

I get home for thanksgiving from school next weekend and I hope to at some point that week make it to the local yard I want to grab a Z-34 hood and decklid+spoiler.

That being said. The car is gonna be blue...i'll post a color swatch ASAP.

-The ugly ass side molding (used ot be black and red now just black on my car)  Im going to remove it all and paint it body color and put it back on the car.

-For right now the  hood louvers i think im gonna paint black, along with the rear spoiler...

-I think im gonna keep the stock wheels on the car because i just refinished them in black.  I do have a set of American Racing wheels, but they're 15in and i dont need new tires, so i have no urge to buy new tires just to use the rims. Here are the wheels when they were on a 95 Lesabre.

n35104578_32368660_2182.jpg 

-I think i have decided against any sort of racing stripe at this moment..i would really love one..but i dont think im gonna do it.  I will put a pinstripe down the side..not sure what color yet....

I'll post a bunch of pics later today, i have 5 mins to get to class and i need to upload all these pics..

Thanks for the input! I looked at Garret Powered's thread in the TGP section and got some tips.. Il cehck that one out too!

-I get basically a whole month off for Christmas so i hope to spend a whole week and do this. (It will be in a heated garage so the cold won't be a problem)

With those scrapes, your car is looking more and more like mine. over 3 years in west philly has done my car no good.

I plan on doing a flat silver or deeper blue when i paint mine...from a rattle can. I also plan on taking my side moldings off and just keeping the ones in the bumper all black like you and i have them (not shown in my sig)

SR_MtlcMteNickSP_L.jpg sr_MtlcCbltBluSP_L.jpg