Let's See Your Front STB!

Piston.Hurricane

Here is the pics of mine.

Jamie

That is the GMPP bar correct? How hard are they to install? just drill a couple holes and the nuts/bolts are included?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cully77

• Piston.Hurricane

• CSI_MuNkY

• mra32

Here is the pics of mine.

Jamie

That is the GMPP bar correct? How hard are they to install? just drill a couple holes and the nuts/bolts are included?

yah. that is what that is....it is really easy, just drill the holes, and run with it.

if youre looking to quantify how well these bars work, why dont you just hook up a strain gage up to the bar when youre driving and datalog it. youre garunteed to see results.

My RSTB definitely made those strange interfaces between 2 roads much better. The kind where the 2 road surfaces dip to meet each other. Instead of the car just bending all over the place, it feels solid over thes bumps. I now crave a FSTB

FWIW to everybody. I am borrowing Q-balls 3.4 vert bar to look into the possibility of making a jig and reproducing the bar. I have NO idea about costs at this point, I haven't gotten a price on the materials.

And yes, mine is the GMPP bar, its a matter of drilling 2 holes in each plate and using bolts with the thinest heads you can find.

Mine does hit the hood, but over time the hood has dented to make room for the STB. The dent is in the reinforcing of the hood and is only about 3/8" long by maybe 1/8" deep.

Jamie

• 10 months later...

Anybody ever make one? I stopped to chat with a buddy of mine who owns a fab shop here and we discussed just making both mine from round tubing. I tried to talk him into making me nice A-Arms too but that would be a serious rainy day project.