Let's See Your Front STB!

Piston.Hurricane

Let see some pics of the strut tower braces you guys are running. I'm looking to add a little flash under my hood and want to see what looks good. Don't forget to tell me where you got it!

Thanks!

Hurricane.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cully77

• Piston.Hurricane

• CSI_MuNkY

• mra32

What is real reason to having one of those? I mean i know it supports the back end of the engine bay but is their any real significance for it?

quite a bit of handling improvement

What is real reason to having one of those? I mean i know it supports the back end of the engine bay but is their any real significance for it?

Body flex too. But huge handling upgrade for the price and how easy it bolts up.

My DD: 91 Cutlass Supreme International, 3.4 DOHC w. LQ1 vert bar

IMG_2557.jpg

One of my toys: 90 Turbo Grand Prix, 3.1 Turbo w. LQ1 vert bar

IMG_4296.jpg

Body flex too. But huge handling upgrade for the price and how easy it bolts up.

Reducing body flex is HOW it improves handling, so that's one in the same reason.

when it come to 1G STBs, the LQ1 FSTB > *

[/thread] The RSM ones were nice, too, but WAY to expensive when new for being aftermarket. They're no longer available. Neither are the factory Cutlass convertible bars, but you can come across those on here and eBay a hell of a lot more often.

Reducing body flex is HOW it improves handling, so that's one in the same reason.

when it come to 1G STBs, the LQ1 FSTB > *

[/thread] The RSM ones were nice, too, but WAY to expensive when new for being aftermarket. They're no longer available. Neither are the factory Cutlass convertible bars, but you can come across those on here and eBay a hell of a lot more often.

I picked up a '93 Cutlass convertible bar a couple weeks ago. After I installed it, I decided that it didn't have enough "flash" for me, so I'm looking to replace it.

After seeing most of the posts so far, it also looks like everyone has one (another negative).

Mine gets really close. I may grind down the intake a little to be safe.

DSCI0196.jpg

Can't tell for sure from the pic, but is yours chromed? Looks nice. Highly visible.

Does look close. Can you just space the bar up a little?

Tom

Buick STB FTW!

3-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

Oh, and used the same bar in the back....

IMG_0018-1.jpg

IMG_0019-1.jpg

IMG_0018-1.jpg

might not look all that spectacular, but it gets the job done! and only cost me like 20 bucks total!