Possible option for rebuilding the PMIII

RareGMFan

I completely forgot about this. I came across these guys a couple years ago when I was looking into a solution for the Teves II system on the 6000s. I saw an auction for the Reatta/h-body Teves brakes, which are basically the same thing as those on the 6000s, so I inquired if they'd rebuild the STE ABS units. They replied saying they rebuild anything with a quick turn around time. When I asked about pricing (twice), they never responded. But I got to thinking...if they're willing to do the Teves II systems, which are very similar to the PMIII, then perhaps they can rebuild those, too. Anyhow, here is one of their auctions for the Buick Teves system. If I'm not mistaken, if they can rebuild the PMIII for about the same price, that would be cheaper than what Prior is currently charging (I think this was their old price).

link

• 2 weeks later...

What's Prior's price up to now? They do still have their custom machined replacement back plate going for them...

What the hell is the replacement back?

its just a plate of aluminum milled to replace a cast aluminum part that supposedly is prone to cracking. I have never seen one fail like they claim, its always something else that goes wrong with mine.