[color=orange][size=18][color=red]Turbo Badges[/color][/size

Im planning on selling 3 turbo badges to the highest bidder only problem is, i cant figure out how to take them off without scraching the paint or breaking the badges. So if any one has an idea how to get them off I could realy use some help.

thanks john

Typed this up earlier but only now had a chance to post, thanks for waiting.

I bought a number of used TGP and TSTE badges/emblems and every one had damage from its removal, even though there was effort made to remove safely. What always happens, and is the worse thing for the emblems is the red or black center fill (that is lined by the gold portion) is fragile like glass and will crack if flexed at all, enough that it will be very noticeable, but worse, will crumble right out of the emblem if flexed too much. So, I would for sure be careful with the door skin but as for the emblems, the 2-sided tape is dried out by now and is not holding as much as it once did, this is at least one good thing. I have seen it recommended to use steam coming off of a hot tea kettle/tea pot or what ever you can fire up to boil water and aim steam towards the emblems even if it has to be a camping stove or electric kettle or such, though I have never tried this trick. The one I did was to use heavy gauge fishing line to do the cutting, or even better is the more aggressive at cutting through the 2-sided tape but no more of a risk to the door paint is dental floss, not the smooth stuff like Glide Floss, we want the old rough stuff so it cuts through the tape quickly, but MAKE SURE to use leather or tough gloves as the floss or more so, the fishing line will cut through your hands as you work it. Last is the left over dried up 2-sided tape, I know there are some tricks other than just taking some care to not abuse the paint finish, such as calling a local body shop and/or body shop paint supply store and asking what dissolves this the best and not harm the paint, JUST make sure you realize there is dirt, READ> rough abrasive left in the old tape pores that when rubbed around on the door, will scratch up the paint fast, so spray the dirt out with strong water pressure before attempting your removal work. The way I took one off was when I was ready to clean off the tape, was to surround the area with masking tape to protect as much of the paint as possible, then used my finger nails to lift off then to rub off the tape, followed by some contact cleaner, but that was not on a TGP but on the trunk of a lesser car that was going to be repainted so I was not too worried about the results.

Good luck.

Jeff M

Too many emblems now

• 2 weeks later...

I used fishing line to get one off. It works pretty good but time consuming. the only problem I got is when i was pulling the glue of my car it took a few little paint chunks of. I plan on taking the other two off tomorrow. im going to have my buddy paint over the whole spots so it shouldnt look to bad. I just hope its worth it.