IC couplers and clamps

slick

Some of the original couplers on my TGP are starting to show there age, so I'm looking for a few new ones. The ones I need, specifically, is the coupler at the Turbo to Intercooler tube, and the coupler that is at the Intercooler tube to Throttle Body.

While I'm at it, I've noticed that several of you guys are using some nicer looking, and probably much better quality clamps. I figure I might as well go ahead and replace all of them while I'm at it. So, what are you guy's using here?

Thanks.

I know AJUSA has t-bolt clamps, instead of the crappy worm gear clamps...these don't eat at the rubber like the worm clamps do.

Pricing out both places, looks like this may be cheaper: http://store.nextgearperformance.com/servlet/Detail?no=185

When you choose your clamps, does it take into account the thickness of the coupler as well, or should I size .5" larger on all clamps?

Now, am I correct, that the TB coupler is 3", or is it 3.5"?

http://www.tgpforums.com/index.php/topic,2899.0.html

:mrgreen:

EDIT: Thanks for that link to those clamps Chris. Those are actually priced pretty decent! :cool:

Yeah, I figured I would share my find.

And, thank you for the link on the coupler sizing. That link also answered my question on how to size the clamps.

What would you suggest for replacing the Accordian style hoses?

Granted, they are not the greatest for performance, but they sure as hell make it easier to pull the tubing and intercooler in and out.

Just a heads up. I put in an order for the t-bolt clamps from the link I posted. They do accept paypal, but the only thing that I didn't care for was the shipping is kind of expensive. However, the prices on the clamps to make up for the shipping costs, so it was worth it.

I ended up getting my needed couplers off of ebay from zenaracing. They were about the cheapest I could find that were mulitiple ply, and were free shipping.

I would rather have stock black clamps. they look better too especially after you coat them with silicone grease. they are way easier to work with after that. believe me you will soon learn to hate t-bolt clamps after taking them on and off several times as it takes twice the effort.

now I look at the ones I put on years ago and they look dumb to me. big, bulky and clumsy.

Got the clamps today. 4 layer, they feel pretty nice. I got them off of ebay from seller zenaracing. They came from overseas, but I had absolutely no trouble with them at all.

The only downside to them is that they have a white decal on them that say "autobahn 88". It's pretty small, so all I have to do is rotate the couplers, and I will not see the decal.