Weird sound.. Brakes?

gpchris

Well Im sure some of you know the sound when you get up in the morning and back out :lol: If you dont know the sound yet its like a decently loud squeak when the brakes are applied. But now it does it when Im going forward and turning (not braking this time..) Its the same sound.. What could it be? Sounds like its coming from the front.

I say take it to a college with an Auto program and have them find the problem... no labor charges and they get to learn... but it sounds like brakes because they have squealers in the pads that "squeal" when they need changed and since the pad is always rubbing the rotor, thats probably it.

I'm trying to remember what sound mine used to make when I was turning in reverse... it was something loud and embarrassing. Now all I hear is the back right grinding and the front right *clacking*, as if the pads were far from the rotor and hit the rotor weird. then there's the knocking, both from the engine and something in the steering.. but that's another story, and hopefully not an important one. and the jittery noise the front right strut makes over bumps (brand new cartridge, maybe the bearing plate/spring seat is fucked). sorry, straying off topic.

Got it, I remember now. Is it really like a squeek, or like a loud moan? like you hit the brakes and the front just goes *MUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH*

At this point, I seriously wish I had money to just replace all the calipers, axles, wheel bearings, strut bearings, subframe and rear end bushings... I can't get rid of these noises for anything.

Original calipers? I don't know what exactly goes wrong with the front calipers, yea I guess the boots could tear, but what else? Could a piston bind? Maybe the sliders are?

what about a low wurrrrrr and some shaking. even moving from a dead stop. THen after about 20 it goes away.

yuck, could be a number of things. hopefully not something serious like the tranny or something..