? about w-body transverse leaf

Heza

ok...i just had a random, been sipping on a few beers thought. the rear transverse leaf is metal right? it has some random coating on it, but it's metal?? i know that on leafs that sag on older 4x4s can be re-bent back to original spec, but if the transverse leaf is metal, couldn't you just have it bent in a fashion to make the rear end sit lower? if the leaf is metal, i'm going to go to the spring shop that is near me and find out. hell, i might even be able to avoid $300 for a flex-a-form leaf.

i hope your not refering to the FIBERGLASS mono leaf spring on our older w-bodies, well yeah i think you are, didn't wanna break it to you in a hard way but YES they are fiberglass not metal, can't be reformed or bent, go ask the spring shop anyways and see what they say.

DAMN IT!!! i will find a way to make my car sit nice n level n low

Age/Time will take care of the leveling :( . Mine dropped suddenly, like the struts they put on were wrong or something. The rear end was high and I liked it. Then about two months later it was down and level with the front.

10 months later they have to replace the struts because one leaked all it's fluid out.

I just wish I could aford to get the front lower.