• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• Night Fury

• BXX

• MonteCarloDude

Well, how many first gens will do better than 16's without being modded? Maybe the TGP, I should know times but I don't. I don't hate the L67 BTW>

The LQ1 and LG5 can both run 15's stock. :wink:

Notice all the L67 haters own cars that can't/won't see anything better than 16's :lol:

Can't? All i would need is a good tune and maybe a DP and il bet i would be in the 15's. :wink:

Only the TGP and some LQ1 cars.

An auto LQ1 can run high 15's stock, And a 5 speed can pull mid 15's. :thumb:

Supposedly the fires have to do with the front valve cover leaking oil and pooling in the manifold heat shield? I've owned several and have not had a problem although I've also seen several meltdowns.

I've owned several 3100's, 3400's,LQ1's, Cutlass, Grand prix, Bonneville, etc. and the 3800 N/A, l67's run better, get better mileage, last alot longer, require less maintenance, and there's alot more aftermarket for them.

If a guy wants to go a little faster and not spend a shitload, l67 seems the way to go.

Ya.....that's why I said LQ1 cars....

Ya.....You did not say auto or 5 speed..... :lol:

Well, how many first gens will do better than 16's without being modded? Maybe the TGP, I should know times but I don't. I don't hate the L67 BTW>

The LQ1 and LG5 can both run 15's stock. :wink:

Notice all the L67 haters own cars that can't/won't see anything better than 16's :lol:

Can't? All i would need is a good tune and maybe a DP and il bet i would be in the 15's. :wink:

Well I've never ridden in an LQ1-powered coupe or sedan. The convertible will do mid-16's from what I've heard. All the sub-frame beefening really makes the weight jump.

I didn't need to...hence the LQ1 carS

I didn't need to...hence the LQ1 carS

Well, I just felt the need to toss that out there, So ya...... :lol:

Wanna bet? Wait until this coming spring.

We just hate l67s because the owners are dicks and think the engines are amaing because they make 240hp with a supercharger... Im sure a 3400 could make that with the same sc................

We just hate l67s because the owners are dicks and think the engines are amaing because they make 240hp with a supercharger... Im sure a 3400 could make that with the same sc................

Seriously? Man, that's the last time I help you with an axle problem!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now i'm thinking Cobalt SS turbo swap when i can find one!, MTX as well?

maybe a saab setup will work? 9-3 2.0t's are ecotecs

L67 hate?

-played out to fuck: yes.

-BBQ: NO, not if youre not a schmuck and just do regular simple maintenance by replacing the vc gaskets......sooo not hard!!!

-ex sound: of course a 60* is going to sound better than a 90*. L67 FTL there

-aftermarket- im sorry but being played out comes in handy here. i feel the swap is simply the most gain for your money.

-weight: Ok it weighs more but its making more power. LQ1s weigh more than 3x00s but can pull 15s stock. irrelevant.

theres plenty more things i missed that youd want to compare and consider. im not saying please do an L67 swap, ESPECIALLY because i have one. but at least state fucking facts and solid reasons why before you talk shit. bashing an l67 is taking the easy way out.

ok what one will be easier to do i have a 3.1 already it should just be plug and play right after i rebuild it the i can upgrade turbo and that kinda stuff right and when rebuilding it what all should i do to the engine

these thread amuses me....everyone talks about how great a SC 3x00 would be, yet no one does it....which I can understand because the cost and the amount of work that would require it to put out numbers close to a stock L67 sure wouldn't pove to be cost effective...

The l67 certainly isn't the fastest engine in the world, only a fool would think/claim that. However when it comes to wanting to go faster in a w-body you WILL NOT get a better "bang for the buck" swap then a L67. Period. For the amount of $ it would cost to buy, supercharge and swap a 3x00 that might get you to 240hp, you could buy, mod and swap in an L67 what would be over 300hp/~350-370tq.