HHHHHHHEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

ZacksZ34

I need help figuring out why my car is idling so high!!!!! Today it was the worst i has ever been on my way to work i notice my temp gauge was dangeruosly high when i stopped and put it in park it was idling aroun 3000rpm it usually does it aroun 2000rpm. and then it will idle around 1000rpm which is on the safe side!!!! Can someone help me figure out whats wrong with it!!!! Also when its running and in park after a few minutes my check enigne light will come on and idk whats up with that either!!!!!

Said his temp gauge went up...

My LIM gaskets didn't make me lose coolant...The idle just SUCKED and it got 10 MPGs...

well my cars gettin good gas milage for all the more its driven a full tank will last me almost 2 weeks and im not losing coolent

My LIM gaskets didn't make me lose coolant...The idle just SUCKED and it got 10 MPGs...

well my cars gettin good gas milage for all the more its driven a full tank will last me almost 2 weeks and im not losing coolent

Antony?

Car running, spray some MAF or throttle body cleaner around the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. Any change in idle is a good indication of bad gaskets.

That doesn't work, start spraying your vacuum lines. Again, any change in idle, there's your problem.

Get back to us.

Oh, and check your codes. Requires a paper clip and 5 minutes of your time.

Antony?

i drive to work which is about 7 miles from my house and ill go to town at least once a week and i go to my friends house which is about 10miles from home so yeah i get good gas mileage maybe well id say about a lil over week then ill fill her up

my car idled high for a while and it was because this hose came loose

DSC04897.jpg

mine still on there just idk if its sealing correctly

This *shouldn't* cause a high idle issue due to a vacuum leak due to that it's not being pulled by manifold vacuum. I could only see this on a (correct me if I'm wrong) 94+ vehicle with MAF, and not speed density system alone. If equipped with a MAF sensor, a leak there would cause a unmetered air intake, causing a lean condition, leading to a high idle, but I don't think that's your case, because your car is a 91? 92? Anyway, there is at least one more small rigid plastic vacuum line running along the firewall from your MAP area, which I found to have rubbed a hole in on my silver Z, which caused a slew of problems (higher, erratic idle; no cruise and HVAC control switching. Look around for more vacuum hoses/ leaks and follow all the other guy's/girls advice on here, because everyone is going in the right direction with this.

Are you aware... that your car can be code checked with a PAPERCLIP?

IS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

it comes on after 5minutes of running in park!!!! And i dont know shit about these cars and everytime i post a thread askin about em i get bitched at for posting!!!!!!! saying its useless

my car idled high for a while and it was because this hose came loose

mine still on there just idk if its sealing correctly

This *shouldn't* cause a high idle issue due to a vacuum leak due to that it's not being pulled by manifold vacuum. I could only see this on a (correct me if I'm wrong) 94+ vehicle with MAF, and not speed density system alone. If equipped with a MAF sensor, a leak there would cause a unmetered air intake, causing a lean condition, leading to a high idle, but I don't think that's your case, because your car is a 91? 92? Anyway, there is at least one more small rigid plastic vacuum line running along the firewall from your MAP area, which I found to have rubbed a hole in on my silver Z, which caused a slew of problems (higher, erratic idle; no cruise and HVAC control switching. Look around for more vacuum hoses/ leaks and follow all the other guy's/girls advice on here, because everyone is going in the right direction with this.

the car pictured is a 93... that hose connects all the way around to here

DSC04898-1.jpg

so it still might have an effect...

your SES light will say that you have a high idle and thats it... happened to me also

Are you aware... that your car can be code checked with a PAPERCLIP?

IS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

And i dont know shit about these cars and everytime i post a thread askin about em i get bitched at for posting!!!!!!! saying its useless

It was mentioned on the previous page that codes can be checked with a paperclip..

And a brief glance through the F.A.Q. section turns up this thread about checking the SES light...

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=31177.0

DO WHAT THAT SAYS... AND THEN GET BACK TO US!!!!

DO NOT POST ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THE ABOVE!!!!!!

TELL US WHAT CODES YOU GET SO WE CAN HELP YOU.

Running around like Chicken little with your ^$(!*#&( head cut off doesn't help. get us a SOLID result and we'll do what we can to help!