Yes or No: Glovebox latch/lock finish

slick

Does it look out of place?  

1. 1. Does it look out of place?

Not bad! I've wanted for so long to completely get rid of mine and just have a normal latch there, but I've yet to come across an acceptable solution. I might try that on mine, see how it looks! At least if it looks better I will be less pissed about having it in the car.

i like the way that looks. My GP had the same problem but i didnt have the patience to mess with it. Now the cutlass on the other hand is ridiculous, especially when the button breaks off :mad:

I was amazed when my current Cutlass had this intact. Every other one I've seen in the j/y and the last roach Cutlass I had it was gone and I had to use a flatblade screwdriver to pry the dash open.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, decided to keep it this way, which means I'm going to pull it off again sometime, and polish it up to a nice finish.

I figured I needed something to go along with that finish in the vehicle, and had this sitting around (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/slick94prix/TGP/IMG_4529.jpg), so why not. I designed up some adapters that will stick make the push-to-shift feature (or whatever that button on the side of the shift knob is called) still fully functional. However, instead of pushing a knob on the side of the shifter, I will have to push down on the shifter. The adapter is spring loaded, so it will return to it's rest position after I let go.

And yes, the shift knob still needs to be refinished as well. It's been sitting around for a few years, so it's no where near perfect.

you made some?

I will when I can get around to it at work

No, or atleast I hope I didn't say I made the adapters in my post.

However, if there is any interest in the adapters, I'm having Adam machine me up a few. I'm probably going to front the entire cost, so if you want a set (once I have them and tested), PM me.