Yes or No: Glovebox latch/lock finish

slick

Does it look out of place?  

1. 1. Does it look out of place?

The glovebox lock/latch assembly was pretty chipped up. Realizing it is metal, I sanded it down, and put some clear on it. Myself, I'm pretty sure it will be going back to the stock color, however this was just a middle phase, I guess.

Before:

IMG_4487.jpg

After:

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

very cool man! i like it! the one thing i would be worried about is that the paint would be rubbed off from use over time..... but other than that, that is miles better than the original..

The glovebox lock/latch assembly was pretty chipped up. Realizing it is metal, I sanded it down, and put some clear on it. Myself, I'm pretty sure it will be going back to the stock color, however this was just a middle phase, I guess.

Before:

IMG_4487.jpg

After:

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

I've never even seen a combo lock glove box!!! I like it tho. A finer grit sanding and clear-satin clear? And WULLA, a one of a kind lock. Different and darring!!!

Tom

Leave it be, I think it looks great like that. Or if you must paint it, I think a light grey would look best, something like that shouldn't be charcoal and contrast everything.

I love it!

[Wait, I just voted and I think I didn't read the question correctly and voted the wrong way. Now your poll is all screwed up! :lol:]

oops! I think I did that too, I meant "Yes, keep it!"

I love it!

[Wait, I just voted and I think I didn't read the question correctly and voted the wrong way. Now your poll is all screwed up! :lol:]

oops! I think I did that too, I meant "Yes, keep it!"

me three

I'm really suprised at the Yes's that I have received. I was actually thinking it would be 90% No's, 3 Yes's, about about 2 Undecided's.

I guess if I did keep it that way, then yes, it will need to be done up to about 1500-2000 grit paper. And, that would also mean that I would need to make some more aluminum interior pieces....

Before:

IMG_4487.jpg

After:

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

Skulch !!

i'd leave it, looks hot!

I agree, every time I see those stupid locks, I think that they look horrible.

I think that you've aestically improved the look, while at the same time drawing the eyes away from the damn locks (making the hideous things stick out less). If you're going to do anything ensure that it makes it look the same colour as it is right now on our monitors.

A combination lock isn't bling, it's out of place on a car's dashboard.