Audio-TARD I need a mentor!

mra32

I dont know how much they run.

Same price as the speaker? So $100? Or less? Is that too low?

All i want is something that will power that speaker and will most likely not break. And for some reason the wiring of the speaker seems better to me if you do it with the 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms method. I couldnt really tell you why , i just feel thats the way I wanna go.

I dont know how much they run.

Same price as the speaker? So $100? Or less? Is that too low?

All i want is something that will power that speaker and will most likely not break. And for some reason the wiring of the speaker seems better to me if you do it with the 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms method. I couldnt really tell you why , i just feel thats the way I wanna go.

$100 is pretty low for an amplifier. I mean, you can find something decent in that range, but that is all that it will be, is decent.

The one that Andrew posted up will work just fine, and should be pretty cool, especially for the price. If your willing to spend more $$, I could probably find 1-2 more to choose from.

i like that amp, andrew. and its slick-approved. thats good.

Slick, feel free to recommend any that are a little more expensive, I think i've made it clear what I want, so just go off of that. And when you say decent, are you saying more prone to failure or like has fewer features or something else as compared to a higher end one.

Meaning, there are amplifiers out there that will be better quality. Not saying it's bad, but if your willing to spend a bit more, then go for the more expensive one. But, then again, your not looking for anything too fancy, so that above posted amplifier will work fine.

• 5 months later...

So did you ever get this stuff done? How did it turn out? What did you go with? Just an audio guy, sorry to make a zombie of the thread. Nobody does any audio stuff here!