W-Body.com has a new owner!

GnatGoSplat

shawn this forum has been a wonderful success. I give much gratitude. Thank you.

And luke it is a pleasure to see someone as smart as you taking over something so worthwhile.

Congrats to both of you for the promotion and retirement lol :high5:

congrats luke! thank you gnat for starting this place, and thank you luke for keeping it going!...this is the first forum i've ever joined and the only one that i frequent often! thanks guys!

Yes, thanks Shawn and Luke. I love this forum.

But what does it mean to "own" the forum? And why would anyone want to own it? Is there some way to make money off this forum that I can't see? If so, someone should let <dohc v6> know about it, cuz he seems pretty desperate to do it! :lol:

It means Luke gets to pay the hosting and domain name bills, gets to make all the decisions about the forum/site, etc. If you have advertisers, you can make money with banner ads or referral links. We have actually had offers to buy ad space in the past, but I never got around to spending the time to research the technical aspect of making that possible. I lacked initiative... story of my life. :lol:

How the hell did I miss this???? Thanks Shawn for all you've done, you're what has made this place a family, by starting and fostering the feeling of respect for others and for these cars that cause us so much pain yet bring us good times. I pretty much call this place my home on the internet, and I don't feel weird saying I have friends here.

I look forward to what Luke's got in store. I hope it doesn't involve ads, at least not full-page "click to skip this ad" type ads.. But I'll support anything to keep this site open.

It means Luke gets to pay the hosting and domain name bills, gets to make all the decisions about the forum/site, etc. If you have advertisers, you can make money with banner ads or referral links. We have actually had offers to buy ad space in the past, but I never got around to spending the time to research the technical aspect of making that possible. I lacked initiative... story of my life. :lol:

Ads would be fine and why not make money if you can!? As long as they aren't those stupid talking ads or ones that pop up that have nothing to click to get rid of them... I HATE those!

Thanks everyone!

As long as the donations are coming in, then there will be no need for ads. I hope to never go that route, but if I do, they won't be very intrusive. Trust me, I hate them as much as the rest of you do too.

Thanks everyone!

As long as the donations are coming in, then there will be no need for ads. I hope to never go that route, but if I do, they won't be very intrusive. Trust me, I hate them as much as the rest of you do too.

Have you ever gotten a donation account set up yet? I hadn't read anywhere that you had yet, but I just wanted to double check since I want to donate.. Just be sure to let us know when you do!

How the hell did I miss this???? Thanks Shawn for all you've done, you're what has made this place a family, by starting and fostering the feeling of respect for others and for these cars that cause us so much pain yet bring us good times. I pretty much call this place my home on the internet, and I don't feel weird saying I have friends here.

I look forward to what Luke's got in store. I hope it doesn't involve ads, at least not full-page "click to skip this ad" type ads.. But I'll support anything to keep this site open.

LOL. I totally missed this too, been really busy with work lately.

Congrats to Luke and thanks so much to Shaun.

Wow, didnt even know this was happening, I feel like ENRON just happened again LOL.

Thanks shawn for all the hard work. This is the only forum I have ever felt half assed comfortable in, never have I been treated like shit on this forum.