Pretty set on replace struts what other parts do I need? Update PG 3!! Help!

5speedz34

I have almost 200k on the bushings on the springs. The struts need to be replaced but aren't original. Should I replace the spring "bushings" and are there any other mounts on the front strut assembly?!

PS-Sorry my lack of terminology its 2:30 and I'm tired.

Front and/or rear?

Ive only used Ac Delco so I go from there. Rear struts come with strut mounts already attached. pretty much bolt right up and come with new aux spring bolt. front come with cartridge and you will have to get the mount bushing seperate.

this was my recent shopping list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Struts

Rockauto - KYB gas strut - Part #366004 - $35.99 / ext. $71.98

Front Strut Mounts

GMPD - AC Delco HD mount - Part #50128 {#88946262} - $13.59 / ext. $27.18 / $33.16 shipped

Rear Struts

Rockauto - KYB gas strut - Part #236003 - $45.79 / ext. $91.58

Rear Strut Mounts

Rockauto - KYB mount + boot - Part #SM5277 - $33.79 / ext. $67.58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IIRC the Delco mounts were special order so they took a while, but the front mounts are typically easy enough to change where I didn't mind doing them after I had already done the cartridges.

that covers the bare essentials. I would recommend replacing the spring bearing plates in the front (the circularish plate that the springs sit on, possibly the lower spring isolators (rubber bushing between spring & bearing plate), and the other upper piece that has the 3 studs that go through the body (can't think of name). All that would involved removing the whole front strut assemblies and springs though, and you'd need a spring compressor.

for the back, replace the pads at the end of the monoleaf too.

You'll need the w-body front strut removal tool, not sure if AZ rents it. I got mine for ~$20-30? on ebay.

I have a bad wheel bearing, its a little loose. Should I worry about it falling apart on me or can I get by not replacing it? Isn't it all held together by the CV axle?

I've never had to do front, are they that bad??

the strut cartidges are cake

Sorry I was more asking if they are that worn, not hard to do.

I've never had to replace the fronts on my cars. I ran my Olds up to 278,000km and the front suspension seemed fine, the anti-sway bar broke off the frame, but the front end held up.

The GP has had the rear struts done, but again no work to the front end.

half the time, the Delco's are licensed cheap chinese crap anyway.

Well do you think we make anything in this country anymore?

Yeah we do, you just gotta look carefully.

half the time, the Delco's are licensed cheap chinese crap anyway.

Well do you think we make anything in this country anymore?

Yeah we do, you just gotta look carefully.

Basically.

Timken is supposedly made in America. I try to buy as much American products as possible.