180 degree Thermo question.

Ive been looking up Information on 180 degree thermostats lately. I hear that they add to performance and such. Ive been looking for one for my 95 grand prix gtp, but can't seem to find any except for ones for 3800s. Does anyone have any information as to what to look for where to find them, installation and such? Is this mod worth it? ANyone have it done. ANy info is appriciated.

jbkm

I have one in my 92 5.0 T-Bird and it helped a lot. As far as a performance gain it doesnt do much. All it will do is start to open up and go full open faster and keep your car from heating up as quick. the temp rating is just when the stat starts to open. What I did was to flush the system and the radiator (I did the radiator out of the car upside down) then just use a couple of bottles of water wetter then fill it with water. I go that route during the warm months. As soon as it gets colder thouigh you will need to put in anti-freeze to get low temp protection. My T-Bird runs about 175-185 cruising and about 195-200 when I am beating on it. Before that I was running a stock 197 stat and 50/50 mix and the thing would run like a sissy when it got hot.