So now im really screwed

Addicted2bass

Prior Reman called me today. They cannot rebuild my PMIII because the pressure switch is bad and they cannot get the part, no one makes it anymore. What the fuck do i do now? Does any one have a good pressure switch or know where i could get one? Anyone have a PMIII unit for sale?? Im really getting fed up with the whole situation. My car has been out of commission for going on 2 months now and at this point im not sure if im gonna have it back on the road by the time i gotta put it away for the winter.

Is this an Oil pressure switch? If it is, I might have found a new one for you. Let me know.

No. It's a pressure switch for the ABS master cylinder.

August, contact "R Dubya"(Ryan) on here, he might be able to locate a pressure switch for you.

There are scrap yards nearby in Buffalo but the odds of them having a car with a PMIII is pretty low. The pressure switch im talking about is the ABS pressure switch. The GM Part number is 18013988. According to the head tech at Prior that part is no longer made by GM and he has been unable to find it anywhere.

Is this an Oil pressure switch? If it is, I might have found a new one for you. Let me know.

No. It's a pressure switch for the ABS master cylinder.

August, contact "R Dubya"(Ryan) on here, he might be able to locate a pressure switch for you.

Will do, thanks.

How much was it?? Im going to try some dealerships around here tomorrow. Did they have to special order it for you or was it in stock?

How much was it?? Im going to try some dealerships around here tomorrow. Did they have to special order it for you or was it in stock?

If they still have them, they're most likely going to have to order it and will have it in 1-2 days for you. Even if your dealership can order one, contact Ryan, he can probably get you one a bit cheaper. :wink:

Just mention the word turbo grand prix and the parts mgr will say everything is discontinued. Last 2 discontinued parts I received from the parts guy was ordered from Canada dealers?

If they still have them, they're most likely going to have to order it and will have it in 1-2 days for you. Even if your dealership can order one, contact Ryan, he can probably get you one a bit cheaper. :wink:

I PM'd him yesterday but i havent heard back from him yet. How often does he come on here? I dont think ive seen a whole lot of posts from him lately.

Just mention the word turbo grand prix and the parts mgr will say everything is discontinued. Last 2 discontinued parts I received from the parts guy was ordered from Canada dealers?

Thats quite bizarre since they never sold TGPs in Canada.

car-part.com or car-parts.com

I forget which one is the correct spelling but they search local junk yard by car types for certain parts, you may get lucky using it.

car-part.com or car-parts.com

I forget which one is the correct spelling but they search local junk yard by car types for certain parts, you may get lucky using it.

Thanks for the site! Turns out a place right here in Buffalo has a Master Cylinder with ABS from a 91 Cutlass. Im just hoping that its a PMIII and that they still have it!

There is a junkyard here in Portland that has 2 TGP's a 1990 and 1989, not sure if they still have the PMIII units on them but if you need it I can check

That would be cool if you could find out if they have them and a price for me. Thanks!

It looks like its available on GMPARTSDIRECT.com for 86 bucks.

I found the one your talking about. But im not sure if its the right one. The most recent part number i have for the switch is 88927270. If i search that on the main page it says the part has been discontinued, but if i search through the catalog it comes up as available.

Ive been calling junkyards. No luck. The place that had the Cutlass master cylinder said the car was just crushed :cussing: All but one of the other yards i called pretty much had no idea what i was even talking about.

Sorry man no luck here in Portland either, both cars have had theirs removed

Of course they've been removed lol. Thats just my luck. Im waiting to hear back from gmpartsdirect.com. Other then that im just gonna have to find a whole PMIII somewhere. I tried a couple dealerships today, they cant get the switch or the master cylinder. Thanks for checking it out for me though.

Did your brakes completely go out or something? I have just learned to live with a flashing antilock light as the norm for this car.

Oh how i wish it was that simple. My master cylinder all of a sudden started leaking. ALOT. So i sent it to Prior Reman to get rebuilt, but they tested it and the pressure switch is bad and they cant get new ones. I think the switch has probably been bad since i bought the car since the brakes were always screwy. So im thinking of telling them to just rebuild it and leave the switch alone.

thats what I would do, then you could just get one later.

I might have one, I will look around for it.

That would be cool if you could look for me. I had a few leads on master cylinders but both have fallen through. What exactly would a bad pressure switch cause?? The brakes have always been weird, the pedal would pulsate alot, like push back at me. The car never stopped smoothly, but i just lived with it because it wasnt to the point of being unsafe. I drove the car after the master cylinder started leaking and the brakes were the same as always. Im assuming the switch has been bad since the day i bought it.