starter question yo

MegaDestroyer

1st-so my starter is jewing out on me ( sometimes go to start and it jus clicks) but then starts after a couple turnovers...happend a few times now..

so i was wondering can i use the starter off my buddies 2.8 from a 6000se.i gota 3.1 so would it work or are there different characteristics in the starters for the 3.1 and 2.8.. or should i jus make the run to crappy tire...

i gota a 91 regal his 6000 is 90'

It should work. However, I'd just spend ~$30, and get a used newer starter off a 3100 or 3400. They bolt right up, but are much lighter, much smaller and high-torque. I did this for both of my turbo GPs, and it's well worth it when you see what a pain in the ass it is to remove the monstrosity that is our older starters. The thought of going through the trouble of reinstalling one of those led me to buy the newer style starters. I know one of mine came off an '01 Impala. I can't remember what the other one was (I'm pretty sure it was another Impala; bought it off Ed Morad on eBay), but they were both about $30.

BTW, I LOVE the S/Es. What color is his? Any pics?