whoops, i'm dumb.

ShockTherapy

ok i have a question. my 3.8 is idling fine, pulls smoothly to about 2500, then kinda jolts up to 4000, then is smooth again to redline. any ideas ? :confused:

and my other problem is i was bieng a jackass and i bottomed her out on some railroad tracks, :oops: :evil: and now when i take off from a stoplight it sounds like belt squeal, for a second, and it also does this when i turn right under about 20 mph, also does it when i reverse either way. ummmm a little help pease ?

sounds like abushing or U-joint...

my brother in law had a similar problem after he loaned his blazer to his brother in law for the weekend while he was out of town I never asked him how he fixed it tho

ok i have a question. my 3.8 is idling fine, pulls smoothly to about 2500, then kinda jolts up to 4000, then is smooth again to redline. any ideas?

Have you replaced anything lately ignition wise?

Does it do it with change of tempreture, time, etc?

If I was to start with ideas... could be a faulty wire / plug anywhere to a dying ignition coil.

Double check records on what you've replaced; also you may want to check for good spark on all cylinders.

- Erik

now that I think of it that reving problem sounds familar....

on my moms bronco 2 when the engine is running cold like when it first cranks up it does that but she avoid the problem by just giving it 15-20 minutes to warm up in the morning before she heads off to work.

ok i have a question. my 3.8 is idling fine, pulls smoothly to about 2500, then kinda jolts up to 4000, then is smooth again to redline. any ideas?

Have you replaced anything lately ignition wise?

Does it do it with change of tempreture, time, etc?

If I was to start with ideas... could be a faulty wire / plug anywhere to a dying ignition coil.

Double check records on what you've replaced; also you may want to check for good spark on all cylinders.

- Erik

it does it all the time, all temps, the last thing replaced was a mass airflow sensor.

sounds like abushing or U-joint...

my brother in law had a similar problem after he loaned his blazer to his brother in law for the weekend while he was out of town I never asked him how he fixed it tho

where on a w-body...aside from the steering column is a U-joint?