cure for door panel "dragging?"

ManicMechanic

Every time i open my door, the door panel - lower seat belt cover - drags and bangs back in to the door. It's REALLY annoying. I've replaced the hinges on the door, adjusted it until it opens and shuts perfect and adjusted the door panel as much as possible and it STILL drags. Short of SCREWING the door panel in place, does anyone have a cure?

My '92 did this too, BTW...It's a real turn off to buyers and I don't want to put on the new door panels until I know the seat belt covers won't break off.

It did on the old ones...But the new ones are still good so I definitely want to make sure the doors are adjusted right before I put them on.

You could try getting new clips and put it there, most parts stores have them, I bought new ones for my Z24 when I put it back together and it holds alot better. IIRC the bottom peice still has clips 3 or so, doesn't it? I know the cutlass's usually break at the screw.