WOULD MY CAR BE WORTHY OF WBODY OF THE MONTH????

ZacksZ34

I think its time for a battle of the beatup DD's. :D

would mine qualify theres quite a few dents in bothe doors and it could use a paint job lol

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EviLette

• ZacksZ34

• mra32

• oldscsc

:willynilly:

My sediments exactly.

Your earthly deposits?

Damn straight. I thought since there was enough manure in this thread I would add my sediments and see what I can grow. :lol:

WOW!

Nice comeback! LOL, too funny... thanks for the smile on my face before I head off to work. ick.

Thank you thank you. Im also free for Bar Mitvahs. Make sure to try the bean dip. Good Night!

Limit should be stereos

Keeping them on the road should be the gist of it. I have an RSTB, but it was a 50 dollar part. No other upgraded suspension/steering/anything like that... Not really custom.

So pretty much bone stock. K&N intakes certainly won't exclude.

The compeition will be more about presentation than Modifications, or should be, IMHO.

Lets say... anything over 100 bucks on mods (excluding a stereo system, because TONS of people put stereos in their DDs these days) should discount you? That allows for someone to say "i just HAD" to have this. Or something like that? IDK.

i have no "performance" mods on the car...it was way to big of pain in the ass......i might join in.

Limit should be stereos

Keeping them on the road should be the gist of it. I have an RSTB, but it was a 50 dollar part. No other upgraded suspension/steering/anything like that... Not really custom.

So pretty much bone stock. K&N intakes certainly won't exclude.

The compeition will be more about presentation than Modifications, or should be, IMHO.

Lets say... anything over 100 bucks on mods (excluding a stereo system, because TONS of people put stereos in their DDs these days) should discount you? That allows for someone to say "i just HAD" to have this. Or something like that? IDK.

i have no "performance" mods on the car...it was way to big of pain in the ass......i might join in.

Ahhh! No. Your badass wax job will make me look pooey.

Welcome aboard. :)

okay hows does july sound for when we battle each others daily drivers

Yep, sounds good to me...then I can actually participate, what's the max allowable amount of money spent? I'm good as long as it's over $75.

99% of the cars on this damn site are daily drivers...........

exactly, yet so few of us try to participate in the CotM...because we know our cars are just DD's, and feel that the competition would be unfair.

Perfect example. If I entered, then say Aweb entered. I'd have no chance of winning. None at all. We dont' want to enter if its a completely uneven playing field..

So maybe we should have a division on CoTM? One month for project cars that have had a lot of time and goodies added to them... and the next month for DD's... ?

Just a thought. That way everyone gets some exposure... since its' really not a big car club competition, and all we are trying to do is boost our epeen. LOL.

exactly, yet so few of us try to participate in the CotM...because we know our cars are just DD's, and feel that the competition would be unfair.

Perfect example. If I entered, then say Aweb entered. I'd have no chance of winning. None at all. We dont' want to enter if its a completely uneven playing field..

So maybe we should have a division on CoTM? One month for project cars that have had a lot of time and goodies added to them... and the next month for DD's... ?

this isn't "Field Day" in grade school where eveyone has to be made to feel good about themselves for trying....COTM was originally started to recognize someone that was voted as having the best car of the entrants for said month, if you enter and don't win.....do more shit to your car, make it nicer/cleaner/faster etc....this "my car is boring/stock/a DD/whatever but I want to win" attitude is ridiculous and pathetic...the bottom line is if you want to win, make your car worthy of gaining the vote....

this isn't "Field Day" in grade school where eveyone has to be made to feel good about themselves for trying....COTM was originally started to recognize someone that was voted as having the best car of the entrants for said month, if you enter and don't win.....do more shit to your car, make it nicer/cleaner/faster etc....this "my car is boring/stock/a DD/whatever but I want to win" attitude is ridiculous and pathetic...the bottom line is if you want to win, make your car worthy of gaining the vote....

I agree. I have no disagreement against a stock W-body running for COTM, but there shouldn't be a "DD specific" running. Hell, all but a few of the past winners of COTM as well as COTY are/were DD's.

LOL... first off, I wasn't the one trying to get my DD on the CoTM anyhow. I don't care whether I win or not, I've stated that already. It's for other people.

But on that topic, yes, I know this isn't grade school. However... there are people out there like me.... you said make your car "nicer, cleaner, faster..." I've also busted my ass and spent a LOT of money to keep mine on the road... because I love it that much. It's also my DD.

A lot of faithful members on this site are in that same situation. Or almost same, money is tight and we can't mod out our cars like others. I was just making a suggestion that might help some of the other people on the forum come out and get more active in the competition. You guys are sparse on entrants at this point, aren't you?

"Thank you for your interest in the W-Body.com Car of the Month contest. This contest, which was established in 2006, is designed to recognize one member each month who, through blood, sweat, tears, and usually a lot of money, has modified and/or maintained their W-body to a superb degree. However, this contest is open to ALL W-body entries that meet all other rules stated below, including vehicles that are essentially unmodified from "stock."

That was taken from the top of the W-Body COTM rules page.

Blood? It's dry now, but I bled.

Sweat? I sweated all day on it.

Tears? I've cried PLENTY of times over this car. And thousands of dollars in maintenance.

My car is "essentially unmodified from 'stock.'"

So my car doesn't run 13"s. My paint isn't fresh.

It's a 1st gen GP FFS.

(Just a valid response to your post.)

It's not feeling that it would be unfair competition, but it really is unfair competition. A person should be recognized for outstanding things they do, and that is what this COTM competition is all about. I understand that making a month's election is like "special olympics" to some of you, but the fact remains that if someone like me wanted that recognition, there is no way in hell I could go and make it happen just to win.

A lot of people don't have the option to put that kind of money into their DD, but for one reason or another still deserve recognition. Y'know, like my car being on its 3rd drivetrain at 160k (when motor went in). Most people would've scrapped the car, I mean, c'mon, its a 92 GP. Who cares? I could've dropped this car years ago and I did -not- do so, because I love the car. That's devotion, dedication.

Lots of other here are like that, I'd imagine. But it's not a level playing field.

Don't forget high school has JV and Varsity.

you definitely make good points. However, I don't think that it should be this big of deal. I got a little upset when my "beautiful" Lumina lost all 4 times I entered it, but there's nothing to get all huffed about. There isn't anything special if you win this competition....other than your own thread in the past winners section, and the you can put COTM winner in your sig.

you definitely make good points. However, I don't think that it should be this big of deal. I got a little upset when my "beautiful" Lumina lost all 4 times I entered it, but there's nothing to get all huffed about. There isn't anything special if you win this competition....other than your own thread in the past winners section, and the you can put COTM winner in your sig.

you guys are all lame.

i am just happy has hell there will be more than 2 cars competing.

that is the main draw for me.

My car is a daily

:high5:

okay hows does july sound for when we battle each others daily drivers

Yep, sounds good to me...then I can actually participate, what's the max allowable amount of money spent? I'm good as long as it's over $75.

i hope its over $350 :lol: