What is this??

alphagtp

If the boots gone their is really no way to grease them, and your just letting a easy way for dirt and moisture to get into the fitting. I replaced mine with Napa Premium ones for like $50. Easy to replace, count the number of turns and you might not need and alignment afterwards.

If they are original there is no way to grease them either... They might have zerts on them, didn't see from the pics.

Not to hijack, but when you are greasing FE parts (ball joints, tie rod ends) how do you know you've got enough grease in them?

If the boots gone their is really no way to grease them, and your just letting a easy way for dirt and moisture to get into the fitting. I replaced mine with Napa Premium ones for like $50. Easy to replace, count the number of turns and you might not need and alignment afterwards.

If they are original there is no way to grease them either... They might have zerts on them, didn't see from the pics.

Not to hijack, but when you are greasing FE parts (ball joints, tie rod ends) how do you know you've got enough grease in them?

Watch for a slight bulge.

ok, back to this. I looked at the pst site and they have a "original performance front end kit" for $179, should I just go ahead and get that?? I like the good stuff and the MOOG rods are around $50 each. How hard is to change the whole front end?

Its quite easy, HOWEVER... The kit also includes new control arm bushings, you will have to take them to a machine shop and have the old ones pressed out and new ones pressed in. Do not attempt it yourself, you will be replacing your arm if you do.

Just a heads up about that PST kit, it may of been a freak occurrence with the kit I got, but they sent me 4 identical control arm bushings, in reality on the car the forward and rearward bushings are different sizes. Rather than deal with them I sucked it up and bought 2 rearward bushings for $20 from NAPA and then spent $40 ($10 each) Having them pressed.

The PST parts are just as good as the MOOG parts, I got MOOG inner tie rods (PST kit does not include them) and honestly they look like they came in the kit.

Jamie